Tell your siblings! Tell your friends! Tell your beloved llama! Sven Co-op 4.8 is complete!
In this release we've made the game more stable, fixed countless bugs, added several new features for mappers, and added a new co-op campaign!
Some of the more notable changes include:
- Added Half-Life: Blue Shift co-op campaign support!
- Added breakable functionality to all door types.
- Added RIPENT for Linux with campaign installation scripts, along with uninstallation scripts.
- Improved compatibility with the SteamPipe update for Half-Life:
- Added missing VGUI language lines.
- Campaign installation scripts will now search the common account folder for official BSP's.
- File system updates include reading files from various mod extension folders (like addon, downloads, and hd).
- Fixed borderless window mode vastly shrinking the game window.
- Linux server binary renamed to hl.so.
and much more! Check out the Full Changelog, here!
(If you're able to provide permanent mirroring for the files, please e-mail the links to email@example.com. Thanks!)
While downloading, why not check out the Manual?
Server ops: When running a 4.8 dedicated server, you must add "-num_edicts 3072 -heapsize 131072" to your HLDS commandline or Launch Options.
The HL and OpFor campaigns can be installed under Linux using the .sh scripts in the /svencoop/ directory. To use Blue Shift on a Linux server, you must install it under Windows then copy the appropriate files across.
Version 4.8 will most likely be the final SC mod release, but this is by no means the end of Sven Co-op. We have a major announcement to make soon, so keep an eye on SvenCoop.com over the next couple of weeks!
P.S. - If you missed out on donating for the bonus features in v4.8, you needen't worry, as our new automatic updating system allows us to provide donors with the bonuses at any time -- almost instantly.