SimMars is a mod for SimCity 4 taking the game to Mars. It will bring new buildings, transportation systems, user-interface and music and will replace the Maxis SimCity 4 content as far as possible, giving you the feeling to play a colony on Mars. The mod is still at beta stage. Beta 3 was released in October 2010.
Read on to find out about the new content for the next release:
Posted by SimMars on May 12th, 2010
Finally testing on the next beta release for SimMars has begun!
The testing is scheduled for the summer months.
Stand by for a possible late summer release!
Here's a breakdown of most of the new content:
- 144 finalized new BATs (buildings) of all types
- new lot foundation and retaining wall textures
- new highway textures, highway renamed to "Speedway" (since we dont have avenues yet, it's not possible to connect straight speedway pieces, but only roads through overpasses / exits)
- new disaster: Blowout (replaces fire)
- new User-Interface (UI) grafics (most remaining menu icons replaced, new mini map background colors)
- SimMars game launcher
- 4 new music tracks