SimMars is a mod for SimCity 4 taking the game to Mars. It will bring new buildings, transportation systems, user-interface and music and will replace the Maxis SimCity 4 content as far as possible, giving you the feeling to play a colony on Mars. The mod is still at beta stage. Beta 3 was released in October 2010.
Beta 3 is another step towards the goal of SimMars. Most main game functions and buildings have been replaced and the mod plays fairly well now. However, it is still a beta and hence unfinished. Not everything is replaced yet or fully functional. SimMars will install and play completely separate from your SimCity 4 installation.
SimMars Beta 3 additions since last release:
- 180 new BATs (buildings) of all types
- new highway, rail, subway, elevated rail, toll booths and spaceport.
- SimMars game launcher: Beta 3 launches individually from SimCity 4 (see installation notes below)
- new User-Interface graphics
- new disaster (Blow-Out, replaces fire)
- 5 new music tracks
- the first few automata models
- new ordinances
- transformed news items
Main goals for the next release are:
- creating and modding new automata models (vehicles)
- implementing NAM elements (Network Add-on Mod)
- replacing avenue and one way texture