Hello everyone, it is time for another Space Addon update! Unfortunately, the mod is currently progressing really slowly due to the tasks I'm getting at University, so I don't have anything new to show you in game. However, in my free time I have been working on a new modding tool that should allow even unexperienced modders to create their own new game play features and story campaigns.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I present:
The Empire at War Story Creator
This tool allows modders to create story events without having to write everything themselves.
I have uploaded a short preview video on youtube that demonstrates the basic functions.
(This video is not up to date. The current version is more advanced than this)
So, what can you do with this?
- Create/Edit Events
- Edit exisiting Story files
- Load mod XML folder
- Choose parameters depending on the Event/Reward Type to minimize the possibility of using a wrong parameter
Now, I would like to test this tool, but not in a public beta. I decided to write it mainly because Space Addon is in need of more team members. So, if you would like to sign up as a tester you will become a member of our team, which means you have to work with us.
These are our minimum requirements:
- You are not a member of another mod team EDIT: We now also accept members of other mod teams
- At least basic EaW modding knowledge(you should be able to write new units, planets etc on your own)
- Be willing to learn: even though the SC displays a simplified form of the story events you will need to understand them completely sooner or later.
- Be creative, since you are mainly going to focus on story missions
- Be able to work at least a few hours per week
If you get accepted you will get a few basic EaW modding tasks to see if you are what we are looking for. If you pass our tests and if we feel that we can trust you, you will receive the SC beta.Send me your applications in a PM if you are interested.
And for those who don't want to apply for the job: don't worry! This tool will go public sooner or later ;)