Q4Run is a modification for Quake4. Primarily it's based on trickjumping and combining tricks. The first idea behind this mod was to implement timers which makes it possible to finish a specific "run" map in a certain time and then improve it afterwards. Every run will be documented in a demo named after name of player and map and time. If you want you can share those demos with other players so they can watch your skill or can help you to improve it. Comparing to others' times you can try to beat them or be proud of yourself because of better records.
After some months the team releases a new version.
Posted by Bliccer on Sep 15th, 2008
After some months of coding the team releases a new version:
- some useful info to the gui
- hiding some editor entities
- ignoring unknown entities
- language files are now part of the media pack
- g_motd cvar for servers
- some minor bugs (like the advanced settings bug)
- removing escape codes from playernames for demonames
- simple playername completion for the commands say and sayTeam
- vote allow settings for each single gametype