Unfortunately we are unable to release the mod until likely late this afternoon when one of our Coders Bonte gets back, we found a major issue that prevents release - it is a simple fix, but one that the staff online right now cannot do.
Sorry for the inconvenience, we hope to launch later tonight ( 7ish PST) - If you are in the Alpha i encourage you to play games as all the systems are in and bug free.
We're on track to launch the public beta today, but I guess some people are confused about what this launch includes
Launch should be AROUND noon EST, might be a little later - If you want to start playing earlier join the Ventrilo (link in the sidebar) and come down to the test channels - we are already playing the final build.
If you're a new player whose been watching this mod than check it out! Once we go live in a few hours the link on the sidebar for "WarCP" will work (you'll need to have a forum account) and you'll be able to set yourself up
If you're a tester who hasn't played in a few days than now is a good time to come back, all the bugs are fixed (except for a rare one), the new skins are in for the new units, and the gameplay is great
Heres what you can expect:
BETA 1 Launch:
- 99% stable version of Operation Market Garden (only one crash bug left)
- All 4 Factions in and fully playable
- Fully functional WarCP that will let you build companies, buy upgrades, etc.
- New Features like Halftrack Loading, Paradropping Fallschrimjaegers, Weapons able to garrison emplacements, etc.
- New Doctrinal Units (only Americans have new units at the moment) including new tanks & infantry all of which are quite balanced to fit in the gameplay and don't overlap existing units
- 7 new & exclusive maps
- Simple battle file downloader that you tell where you installed COH and it puts the battle files and .UCS in the right place for you
- A single installer that brings it all under one roof
What is NOT in this build (with ETAs)
- Persistency - This is actually a "we don't know", the code is all done, the implementation is all in, but theres a bug and we're not sure if it'll be fixed by this afternoon - ETA on this is either this afternoon with the official launch or by Monday
- Comprehensive Launcher 1.0 will include Battle Creation, Chat, Battle File Downloading & Automatic Version Updates - ETA 2-3 Days
- Comprehensive Launcher 2.0will include all of above + company creation & management + automatic map downloading (maps will be selected before game launches) + Dynamic warmap integration - ETA Mid-February
- DOCTRINES - While some doctrine UNITS are in, the complete doctrine system has over 600 unique abilities, many with multiple levels, so will take a while for Bonte & Marcus to get them in - We estimate 4-6 weeks for full implementation but we may roll them out a tier at a time i.e. week 2: All T1s Week 3 All T2s, etc.