This mod combines Motter's New Nations mod and add some new features to the Campaign.
This mod combines Motter's New Nations mod and add some new features to the Campaign
Note: This mod and description was made by Motter28218, I have permission by email to upload it to Moddb.
For those of you who are new to this mod it adds many new nations to the game as well as new units/techs/spells/builds. It also makes changes to CTW campaign so if you loved the game but have played it through and through here is a chance to try something different.
For those who aren't new, I finally did it, I merged both of my mods so people don't have to switch out between them. You can now play both Quick Battles and the Campaign with the new Nations and new features.
There are some minor changes that I had to make in order to get them to work together, plus I also found a few new builds/units so there are some new surprises.
I also went ahead and made some more of the CTW nations playable in Quick Battle. I recommend people download Alincarpetmans guide on enabling nations if you aren't already familiar with how to do it.
Thanks for downloading and I hope you enjoy it. Report any bugs or problems here, I do check in from time to time or maybe others can help.
I finally got around to merging the Nations and Campaign mods so now you can play both without swapping out the files.
For those of you who have never played a mod there are instructions below for installing them, for those of you who are already familiar with my mods just a few notes:
1. You may notice some changes from the individual campaign and nations mod, this is due to the fact that I discovered a few more units/builds that weren't being used, and also I had to make some small changes so that the regular play and campaign play would not conflict with each other.
2. I have included backups of all files but if you want to play it safe and do your own backups make sure you backup the 3 FOLDERS "Data", "Rules", and "Campaigns" and finally the "scripts.big" FILE located in the "Bigs" folder.
3. I went ahead and got more of the CTW nations working like "Felignans", "Gustians", etc but you will find some nations in there that will not work properly as they are still there for the CTW campaign only, many of them will still work to some degree, but may also conflict with skirmish play. Here are the nations that are not fully playable:
Dark Alim *****IMPORTANT: Do not confuse with Dark Alin, (see spelling) that nation does work, sorry if it's a bit confusing but had to be done in order to avoid CTW conflicts.
DMRulesHeretics/Fallen *****The Fallen from my original Nations mod are now "Giacomo Cuotl", had to do this
Mianans CTW *****Don't confuse with Mianans
Moon God CTW *****Don't confuse with Moon God
Any other nation is available and scripted to play against, all told there are now 20 nations, the original 3, 4 other mainline nations, and 13 sub nations. There is a limit as to how many nations can be put onto a map, not sure off hand what the limit is, something like 7 (not including the default 3) So you'll have to choose which one's you want on each.
This took me quite awhile to do, which is why I put it off for so long, but I think the game will be much more fun now, any questions or what not post on Rise of Legends Heaven, I stop in from time to time. Hope you like the mod!
This game must be fully patched to play the mod, I'm not sure if the update server still works, I doubt it since BHG is no more. If you bought a newer copy they come patched already, if not go to "Rise of Legends Heaven" and in the downloads section look for Alincarpetmans download pack, I'm pretty sure it has everything you could ask for as far as articles, guides, updates, etc.
------------TO INSTALL THE MOD----------------
1. Go into your Rise of Legends main game directory
*NOTE: If you see .xml files like "unitrules", "craftrules" "techrules" in your "Data" folder, you can skip to step 3.
2. You should see an .exe called "Modpack", run it.
3. After you have run modpack (if you need to) go to the "Mod Files" folder included with this mod and copy the "Campaigns", "Data", and "rules" folders.
4. Go back to your Rise of Legends main game directory and paste these files. You will be prompted to overwrite, click "Yes".
5. Staying in your Rise of Legends main game directory, Go into the folder that says "Bigs", find "scripts.big" and delete it.
You can now play the game with the new changes to the main 3 nations and the campaign, however if you want to play any of the new nations you have to add them to the maps you wish, go to "Rise of Legends Heaven" and find AlinCarpetmans guide on this, I would have included it in the download but it is not mine. Step by Step instructions in a text file will be hard to understand, he has pictures to help.
NOTE: I'm not sure if Alins guide includes backups of the skirmish maps, if not, VERY IMPORTANT, before you add any nations to a skirmish map, make a backup of it, as you will need this if you wish to restore the game to the original state.
---------TO RESTORE YOUR GAME--------------------
To undo all the mod changes:
1. Go into your Rise of Legends main game directory and delete the folders "campaigns", "Data", and "rules".
2. Go into the "Backups" folder included with this mod and copy the folders "campaigns", "Data", and "rules" and "Bigs"
3. Go back into the main game directory and paste those folders, you will be prompted to overwrite on the "Bigs" folder, click "Yes".
4. Finally, if you added any mod nations to your skirmish maps you will need to restore those maps. I added a note above about backing up any skirmish maps you add nations to so hopefully you did or you will get errors.