HunCraft Genocide is the most detailed unofficial expansion pack for StarCraft: Brood War. It has 3 new units, new heroes and special buildings in the campaign, 3 new campaign episodes (26 missions and a hidden mission), more than 40 new multiplayer maps and some small changes. Though the most StarCraft expansion packs can be used in use map settings, this game has own exe file, menus and new map file format (hcx). It does not change anything to your original StarCraft installation, but needed to be in the same directory. There is a bugfix patch for it which make some balances in the game. Single player can be described with mass battles and especially difficulty. The story continues after Brood War, when admiral DuGalle has committed suicide and Kerrigan has regained control of the Zerg forces. According to Brood War epilogue, no UED ships returned to Earth, but some UED forces remained on Char. The game starts with exactly the same prologue which Brood War has as an epilogue.
Copy the new exe file of this patch into your Starcraft directory. The patch makes some balances in the game. Read them below. HunCraft works well with the latest Brood War patch, but you can use network mode only with the 1.09b Brood War patch which can be found in the installer of HunCraft.
Balances: - Terran Phantom nerfed, instead of 8 attack power, it has only 4, its life changed to 200 instead of 250, can attack ground only
- Psy Templar hasnt got detector anymore
- Missions has got new titles
- Some text fixes and gameplay fixes
- Units and building portraits fixes
- Cheats can be used in campaign without errors
- AI cant cloak with Phantoms
- Appropriate ranks of heroes
- New scenes, better joining to original Starcraft and better introducing the storyline.
- Balanced difficulty in campaign
- Some scenes and the missions are faster
- Colors unified, fitting to original Starcraft
- Mission 5 and 6 are totally reedited
- Easy mode is not supported in this patch
Note: after installing the bugfix patch you cant use your old saved games with the changes of the patch, so it is recommened to be installed before you start the campaign.
Installing the bugfix patch is equals copy, paste and overwrite the old exe file with the new one.