Realism: Hostile Intent is all about realism, covering realistic weapon damage, realistic missions and mission stories. Hostile Intent gives the player the feeling he's actually there. Be it a nuclear submarine, an embassy raid or a military base in the middle east, each and every one of them is modelled with a level of detail that a lot of other games/mods/tc's don't have. Amazing gameplay: The best of the best on both teams. In Hostile Intent you can either join the ranks of the world's best counter-terrorism units or be part of a member of one of the many terrorist organisations existing in the world. In the end it doesn't even matter, because in Hostile Intent you'll be fighting for your life. Map specific player skins: Each and everyone is done with such an amount of detail and life-life animations that it makes a lot of the current retail games out look ugly. For every mission theme there is a skin set from which the mapper can choose from. Team specific...
I'm proud to announce the release of Hostile Intent 1.6. This version has been in the works for a very LONG time and I personally would like to apologize to the community for it taking so damn long. It may not come as a surprise to most people here since I secretly released the files days ago to
Posted by Negley97 on Jul 24th, 2007
I'm proud to announce the release of Hostile Intent 1.6. This version has been in the works for a very LONG time and I personally would like to apologize to the community for it taking so damn long. It may not come as a surprise to most people here since I secretly released the files days ago to the community. It was intended as a "Public Beta" without all the hoopla of reporting bugs and that other crap that comes with it. As I type this a patch is in the works and should be available in about a week since I'm going on vacation starting Wednesday afternoon (Yeah!).
The entire community owes ifOnly a HUGE THANK YOU! Because without the dedication of that community member/developer none of this would be possible. Who would have thought adding a few weapons would break half the 1.5 maps. It was ifOnly's hard work and dedication that went into fixing each and every map that was busted in 1.6. That stuff takes a long time so be sure to send him a nice thank you pm
Here is a breakdown of what's happened in 1.6 compared to 1.5:
+ new weapons:
+ new maps:
+ 'tutorial map' for new players
+ added small player lean effect on strafe
+ 'objective found' text can now be toggled using a cvar cl_showobj 0 or in the settings menu
+ 'objective found' text can now be disabled on the server using the cvar mp_showobj 0 (overrides client, default set to 1)
- added short delay (2.5 sec) before smoke grenade explodes.
- increased the length of the smoke grenade to make it more effective
- revamped weapons:
- totally revamped maps:
- updated maps:
- all new weapon sounds
- new higher-res splash screen
- revamped 30 player models
- made briefing text brighter
- removed certain precached models that weren't used in game to save on map resources
- improved stats logging - can now show completed objectives, assisted objectives, and survival bonus
- TK Punishment - Excessive teamkill is by default a 20 minute ban
- fixed jump-shoot exploit - player can no longer jump and shoot in mid-air
- fixed third person exploit
- fixed crash bug in hi_congo and hi_khartoum on linux servers
- fixed some models bleeding green slime
- fixed flashbang exploit where a player can jump or fire to stop ringing sound
Known Bugs (to be addressed in upcoming patch)
- Flashbang ring can be heard if someone is flashed giving away their location
- Burst mode on P90 and P90sd needs to be fixed
- Wiggle walking happens sometimes
- cg.dll and cgGL.dll files are missing from the full installer
- Prone movement sounds are really loud
I've finally completed the stats portion of the server logs. In 1.5 they were ok but didn't track objective captures correctly. You will need a stats program like hlstats 1.34 or Psychostats to parse all the server logs.
Using the stats program you can give a person bonus points for surviving a round, capturing the objective, or assisting in capturing the objective. This will encourage teamplay if your server publishes the stats.
Here's an example of what each line looks like:
L 11/16/2006 - 22:16:54: "[ERT]Imhotep(SAD)<107994216>
L 11/16/2006 - 22:26:56: "[E]psilon<119748248>
L 11/16/2006 - 22:26:56: "DmD.Hatemaker [GER]<108117232>
Here is a list of file mirrors with more on the way. I currently do not have a Linux Dedicated Server file yet because I am unable to properly test it here. If anyone would like to volunteer to test the Linux server please pm me immediately so I can get you the files.
I'm also looking for some Euro mirrors for our English friends Anyone interested please shoot me a pm. If anyone would like to host a mirror pm me your direct links and I'll add them to the official mirror list on the website.