Other Mayor Features from previous versions include:
- New Alt Avatars Mechanic: Allowing players to experience classic versions and HoN remakes of the Dota Heroes. For example, by choosing Moreaxus' Alt Avatar players can play with Dota's Classic Centaur instead. By Choosing Ra's Alt Avatar players can play with Dota's Classic King Leoric and so on. This way you get the best of both worlds depending on your play style/personal preference.
- Ai Bots: Players can now play against computer controlled heroes for the first time in HoN. (Follow the instructions at the "HoN2DotA Manual.pdf" file on how to spawn and choose the Ai)
- TCP/IP LAN Play: For the first time in HoN you are able to play with Custom Maps/Heroes against your friends in LOCAL multiplayer matches both on LANs and/or online using tunngle.
- In-Game Items & Abilities Guides: Every hero in the HoN2Dota mod features a complete In-Game guide so players can now check the recomended skill/item builds while playing.
- Dota Heroes & Items Names: Every hero in the HoN2DotA mod shows both their HoN and their Dota names so players coming from both games can know exactly what they are using.
- HoN Exclusive Heroes removed for Balance: Only the Dota Heroes and the Dota Heroes Remakes remain in the game, so HoN specific heroes like gemini, deadwood, predator, electrician and many others not derived from Dota heroes have been removed. (Their models could be still in use thou, specially those models with close resemblance to Dota heroes' models, for example: HoN's Predator's model is used by HoN2Dota's Ursa). NOTE: It is not that the HoN heroes aren't balanced, but they are not balanced to play with the added Dota Heroes.
Download the Latest version from here: Moddb.com ------------------------------------------------------------------
A grand total of 90+ Dota Heroes to play with! Dota 2's Axe model as Legionaire's Alt Avatar!New creeps models and much more!
Since 2002 we have explored, played and enjoyed mods of all shapes and sizes just like HoN 2 DotA. We love games like Heroes of Newerth that have opened themselves up to modding. Because of communities like Workshop, Nexus, Curse, RTSL, GameBanana and Mod DB, more games support modding today than ever before.
Let's celebrate modding
As mods play a bigger role in the future of gaming, we believe it is important to recognize the effort the teams behind the work put in, giving us countless hours of enjoyment while asking nothing in return. We have the power to change our games and that needs to be celebrated to ensure it remains a big part of PC gaming's future.
It all started
In 2015, when the paid modding dispute left many gamers and modders worried about the direction the industry is headed. Things have since settled down, but we believe it is important to continue this small tradition to show we are not alone in our love for mods, and the open platforms that embrace them.
Mod Appreciation Week
Nothing is more motivating than knowing something you've built is being enjoyed by others. So this week if there is a mod you love on Mod DB (or anywhere else), make the effort to shout out to them, mention and link their mod in a tweet, blog, forum or facebook post with the hashtag #modlove2016 (or click the icons above for a pre-built post).
Your comment "+currentoption.html().toLowerCase()+" was successful. When a comment is deleted all replies to the comment will be removed as well. Because you are an admin, you can click the \"view deleted\" link above to view deleted comments in-case you wish to un-delete them in the future. If this was a mistake, click the "+currentoption.html().toLowerCase()+" link again to reverse the change.