January 31 :
- Recoded Revenant + Lizman. Revenant now shoots homing missle. (Still working on that, seems buggy)
- Remade E1M1.
- Added a new enemy, Zombie Enlistee.
- Coded a new effect to simulate the door close/open sounds of doom.
- Reworked the code of Cyber Bulls, Imp Lords and Bulls; they don't have a bug with their melee attack now. (It can reduce health even if you are far far away, for only a second)
- Added a few new textures.
February 1-2 :
Whew, good things take time :p Considering I wasn't working much at Feb 1 because of RL issues, now I can put some good stuff in.
- Detailed E1M1 (Yeah, I keep changing maps)
- Started coding Neutralizer! (Yeee, only part I need to figure out is how to make it "neutralize" :o )
- Done further mapping on E1M5.
- Added 3 more keys; Green, White and Orange skull keys.
- Yellow skull images have been replaced with a better yellow-ish image.
- Started coding the power-up system. (Hopefully, it will turn out well)
* Possibe power-ups for the v1.0 release :
- Doom-Mode (double damage, new hud image)
- Regeneration (duh)
- Rage (Faster attacks)
February 3 :
- Added more sectors/sections to E1M1
- Coded "neutralization" of enemies, it is all up to the weapon's animations now.
- Fixed a small bug with shield's size.
- Fixed a bug with backpack.
- Fixed a MAJOR bug with new lock system. Now it functions perfectly.
- Added an extra functionality to SMARTACTIVATOR, panning walls downwards/upwards.
February 4 :
- Finished coding Neutralizer, expect a screenshot soon.
- Done some more mapping at E1M5.
- Changed the code of Lost Souls, now they teleport you on a fixed distance instead of random.
- Planning to add 2 monsters in, which should be on the features list (I think not, so I'll go add them)
February 5-6-7 :
-Added Bloodseeker, Hell Hunter, Ion Imps and Heavy weapon troopers.
-Loaded a MASSIVE texture pack containing 1507 wall textures and 554 floor textures.
-Added some weakness/strength to monsters versus specific weapons.
-I have yet to code the power-up system.
-I'll code some new switches in.
-Added a new monster, Lurker.
-Recoded Rocket Launcher's alternate fire for better functionality.
-Recoded Super Shotgun, now it has a % 50 chance to do reload from the right hand as well as left.
-Increased the power of chaingun and SAAPR a bit, decreased the power of Super Shotgun; however added more speed.
-Remade the spread of shotgun, it is completely (not % 100, but more like % 90) horizontal just as in Doom.
-Added some new musics.
-Edited Pain Elemental and Lost Soul code a little to fix little bugs.
-Fixed a bug with Super Shotgun that made it reload even though there had no ammo left.
-Now whenever you find a secret, it will play a small sound to indicate it.
-Invulnerability works smoothly, and plays a "running out" sound, also plays a sound when you get hit.
-Time Control slows down the time; also giving you an ability of transparency, which makes any projectile and bullet go through you, but beware, you can still get damaged from radius explosion, hazardous material etc.
-I'll replace the Holoduke, but I have no ideas for it yet.
-Whenever you cheat to get all weapons, you now also get the Super Shotgun and SAAPR with you.
-A bug with Backpack has been fixed which allowed you to get ammo over the maximum limit.
-Replaced the sound of switches with the doom one. The custom switches also have the power to use the sound they have been given themselves via extra.
-Lowered the value of strengths of some enemies, and increased some. Removed some ammo on maps and added some treasure.
-I have YET to code the power-up system... been very busy with real life stuff.
June 2 :
Woah, it's been a long time since I last posted news... Sorry for that guys, but my real life stuff are getting on my way. In a few weeks, I'll be set free and keep working on this full-days. As a side note, the new website to check has been moved to Forums.duke4.net Check it out!
What I've done so far...
-Totally changed the way the lost sousl work as well as pain elemental. Pain elementals now need to rest a bit after they have spawned 4 souls, there is also a MAX amount of lost souls they can spawn, just as in doom.
-Removed some bugs with music/sound changes during the game.
-Double Damage powerup has been added and works smoothly.