DarthMod Napoleon v2.65 "Epic Edition"
This is how it was to fight!
After many gameplay updates and much feedback you -the players- gave, DarthMod Napoleon "Epic Edition" had to become even better, it had to be what you always ask from games of this genre: to be realistic, fun, challenging, enormous... epic. If you thought that DarthMod Napoleon was already offering all that, then you have to play the new version to realize how much more awesome it has become.
+ Over 200 extra units
+ 43 Garrison units
+ 40 unit armies
+ Many different campaigns
+ Effects that look real
+ Fascinating AI
+ Realistic battle mechanics
= Mythic gameplay experience!
Notice the new changes of March 2013 and read the older changelog to get an idea of what the mod offers in this "Epic Edition".
Version 2.65 "Epic Edition" (24/3/2013)
- Drastic CAI tweaks for a better diplomacy, challenge and effective Britain. AI ships should be repaired too.
- Land & Naval Autocalc Improvements.
- Mass improvements. Melee penetration much more intense.
- BAI decisioning improvements. It should be more challenging.
- Canister should have better trajectories (Thanks to Bran Mac Born tip about high elevation).
- Soldier synchronization even more realistic.
- All 40 Unit Saves refreshed.
- After many requests, the Launcher offers now the option of "Auto-Start" or "Manual-Start". In "Manual-Start" you can set the Launcher options and then use the official game shortcut to play the game. Use this method to launch DarthMod if you anticipate CTD at startup.
Many thanks to all who gave feedback for the latest open beta: Twcenter.net especially to Bran Mac Born, Centaure, Whatthefunk and Hawkeye.
Version 2.6+++ "Epic Edition"(5/2/2013)
- BAI and melee mechanics fine tune. Now you should enjoy the game to the maximum. Prepare for powerful AI musket Lines.
Version 2.6++ "Epic Edition" (21/1/2013)
- Better Musket Accuracy Balance ideal for situations like "Ready... Aim... Fire!!!" ! Meaning that muskets are now better at close range fire due to more effective targeting calibration and you can rout units more easily with correctly timed volleys (as the AI).
- Formation improvements that make ΒΑΙ not to prefer so much the angled/flank attacks that could make it not use its artillery always properly.
- AI Diplomacy stances less strict so to give more breathing space to minor nations against the big nations.
- The AI should now attack/defend/make musket lines even more effectively. It should also use its reserves more efficiently.
- Tweaks in morale. Morale much more dynamic.
- Tweaks in combat animation mechanics.
- Rank fire available from the start of any campaign without the need of research.
- Garrison units have now special stats (Much better in defense, much worse in attack than their normal counterparts).
- Balanced better the naval battles damage & accuracy system.
- Balanced slightly better the Land battles projectile damage system.
- All buildings are 10 times more resilient against artillery so as not to be deathtraps for garrison as before.
- Mass changes for excellent battle realism, even greater than before!
- Annoying incidents in which there was zero lethality after musket, land or naval cannon fire are now fixed/balanced much better.
- Canister should have now straighter trajectories and generally will be more effective.
- AI should now flank with cavalry much more often.
- Greeks and Greek Rebels no longer speak Turkish as in Vanilla (English is now their voice, cannot be changed to something else better).
Version 2.6+ "Epic Edition" (8/9/2012)
- Several new improvements that affect Battle AI positively for even greater and more challenging battles. DarthMod Napoleon has now 300% better Battle AI from vanilla = guaranteed. Those who still do not believe just try and see (especially in campaign battles).
- Melee mechanics improvements (better reactions, more lively engagements).
- Better animation mechanics, more realistic. (Less synchronised volleys, better sounds, less lag).
- 43 new Garrison units that make sieges far more interesting. No longer you will face only weak armed citizenry but instead you will have to battle against experienced Line infantry and trained Militia, according to town income. These troops are available for the human player too when he defends. (In previous version this was not implemented fully and caused bugs = you could not disband some units or after the battle they dissapeared. Now this very irritating bug is fixed).
- Howitzers more accurate and effective.
- Quicklime and Carcass more effective.
- Many more projectile improvements. For example muskets are having even more realistic firing trajectories. You can feel how the musket is better at the hands of a trained soldier than an inexperienced militia. Enable the improved projectile trails to watch how deadly or unstable at the same time can be a musket barrage.
- Squares more effective against cavalry.
- Fortifications slightly less expensive as requested.
- Musket sounds enriched with the magnificently recorded sounds of General Andy. You can find his standalone mod here: Twcenter.net (General Andy's Musket Sounds). DarthMod now uses possibly the best musket sound mix of the community. Read the credits for more info.
- The 1X MP setting is now enabling normal vanilla unit size so you can freely change unit size or play DarthMod multiplayer without any issues.
Version 2.6 "Epic Edition" (14/8/2012)
- Battle AI is greater than ever due to formations and other parameters adjustments. It will really give you a hard time winning it, especially when it has artillery and a good general.
- Multiplayer with DarthMod enabled should now be fixed.
- Now there is richer garrison (Militia and many types of Line infantry) and also it costs when in siege (so Human campers will not wait for the AI to attack all the time because they may risk bankruptcy). This simulates the cost of a siege for the defender.
- Battle autocalc improved as requested.
- Gun reload rates extreme re-balance for better battle realism and challenge.
- Musketing morale impact is greater so that only the elite troops can stand under heavy fire long enough (or when they have a good officer around).
- General projectile lethality enhanced.
- Melee mechanics tweaked even better for more cinematic feel.
- Artillery more devastating.
- CAI better re-balance especially for France and Britain which should be more effective in the campaign map.
- CAI recruitment better with more special and elite troops.
- Fortifications have much more cost so that they are rare in the map.
- CAI should be not so aggressive to minor nations and must be slightly more reasonable.
- Diplomacy gift impact reduced (was requested).
- Howitzer impact slightly more powerful.
- Unit population cost nullified because in some campaigns caused problems (For example in Penninsula Campaign it made Towns too small and no more units could be built).
- Trade ports can now build warships so that the CAI can build powerful navies. As a tradeport becomes upgraded it can build bigger ships and smaller ships become obsolete.
- Improvements in effects (Musket muzzle flash much more realistic, Quicklime smoke effect more realistic, Water impact effects are now realistic and not tiny and gamey as in vanilla).
- New Musket sounds much more realistic using sounds kindly offered by Shokh, the creator of ACW mod (American Civil War - The Blue and the Grey).
- Extreme Naval Battle rebalance. Many changes to make the naval battles as realistic, challenging and beautiful as possible. For example you can now feel the mass and slow reaction time of a ship type and also there is simulation of how tides affect a ship's firing trajectory. The smaller ships shake a lot so they are not as effective in long range targeting as the bigger warships which remain more stationary in the water. But even for the bigger ships you notice this very realistic effect, as they shake after they take hits or they fire etc. so that you think you play a real naval battle.
- Some minor Launcher fixes to provide more accurate log reports.
- Projectile trails improved (Those you enable from the launcher).
Installation & troubleshooting
It is fully save game compatible with your previous DarthMod "Mythos Edition" or "Epic Edition".
It is required to uninstall the previous version and then install this new one.
Read the simple installation instructions