This is the current release of my modification: Version 1.1
Welcome to Broski's Updated GRID
Current version: March 20, 2011 v1.1
BEFORE INSTALLATION, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE v1.3 OF RACE DRIVER: GRID INSTALLED!!! NOTE: If you bought the game on Steam, you do NOT need to install v1.3 - it will have already been automatically installed by Steam.
DOWNLOAD: Broski's Updated GRID v1.1
Original GRID Files ("Uninstall"): Original GRID Files
Link to GRID v1.3 Patch: Download Race Driver: GRID 1.3 Patch
- 20-car Fields (for all except Drift races)
- 5-Class Le Mans
- Significantly Harder AI
- Good Teammates are Hirable
- Better Sponsors
- Updated Car Setup Files
- Touge Tracks Enabled for Most Series
- Reorganized Cars
- Restructured Series
- Dargo's Realistic Modification (Disables Yellowish Tint)
- 20-car Fields:
There are now 20 cars for all series except the Drift series races and Le Mans (custom liveries are supported for 20 cars, certain liveries will differ; Porsche 911 always has 20 cars).
- 5-Class Le Mans:
When choosing a car for Le Mans, there are many more cars to choose from. Any car that doesn't already belong in a class (ex. the Mustang GT-R doesn't have a class in the original game) will be placed in the new GT3 class and other GT3 class cars will appear.
- Significantly Harder AI:
Basic is now significantly easier than previously; Normal is the same as previously; Serious is the old Ninja setting; Savage is now harder than the old Ninja setting; Extreme is very difficult and usually takes a number of laps to beat; I have beat Ninja once - I did a 50-lap race in Pro Muscle with the Mustang GT-R and finally got to the lead by lap 44.
- Good Teammates are Hirable
Fairly self-explanatory as now you may hire a properly good race car driver such as Bill Foster, Jamie Christopher or Tom Rockford. Same names you say? Perhaps, however they drive much better now but don't expect the added performance to come free of charge!
- Better Sponsors
This was mainly to change things up a bit: I got tired of looking at the Acer icon on my car, so now some sponsors have different objectives and/or payoffs (ex. Dunlop now pays $250,000 for a podium finish).
- Updated Car Setup Files:
Might continue work on this one if interest comes forth but so far the cars which I thought were in desperate need of realistic changes have been changed: Ford Mustang GT-R Concept, Porsche 911 GT3-RSR, Honda NSX, Audi R10 TDI, Nissan R34 Skyline Z-Tune, TVR Tuscan Challenge, Panoz Esperante, Jupiter Eagleray MK5. For many of them, I simply raised the rev limiter slightly so when the needle hits redline, you have a second to shift instead of being forced to shift prior to redline (ex. the Mustang GT-R's old rev limiter was 6995 whereas it's now 7250).
- Touge Tracks Enabled for Most Series:
Ever wanted to have 20 late model muscle cars going down the City Run at night? Now you can - see "Restructured Series" for more information.
- Reorganized Cars:
I hated scrolling through all the cars in a series until I got to the one I wanted. Now cars are organized based on performance and are the same for all series (ex. since the Mustang GT-R isn't as good as a Nissan R34 Skyline Z-Tune, the Mustang GT-R will ALWAYS come before the Skyline in the order of selecting cars so now it's easier to find each car).
- Restructured Series:
I have standardized the tracks of all series so now most series have all Detroit, San Francisco, Washington DC, Long Beach, Milan, SPA-Francorchamps, Nurburgring, Circuito del Jarama, Donington, Le Mans, Yokohama, Shibuya (Tokyo), Okutama and Mount Haruna tracks available. Some touge tracks wouldn't work properly with the Le Mans Series and 24-Hours of Le Mans so they weren't added. Also, for a list of cars in each series, view the readme - it's too expansive to post here.
- As stated, I was unable to get Drift races to function properly with anymore than 12 or 2 cars (depending on Battle or GP style, respectively). Freestyle Drift does have 20 cars, however. Certain liveries in Le Mans will limit the cars to as few as 17 cars instead of the standard 20 cars when using a custom livery.
- I was unable to find the proper place to allow better antialiasing and greater detail in the rear view mirrors.
- Some people may dislike the above series simply because they're new and/or they're not a muscle car buff like me.
- The AI settings have much larger gaps between them.
- I've done extensive testing and have yet to have a crash. If you experience a crash or find an error/bug, please email me at email@example.com.
- Since I don't play online, I'm not sure if this modification pack is usable online. If someone could test this, that'd be great!
v1.1 FIXED: Totaled AI drivers will now disappear/retire (before they would not).
CHANGED: AI difficulties have been changed so Extreme is more bisecting of Savage and Ninja; Ninja is now slightly harder.
v1.0 Initial Release
Special thanks to Ryder for his Database Editor, PSSG Editor and assistance!
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments, questions or concerns.
- Broski // Will Baker