......At long last I can finally confirm the actual release date of my Vital Responses project. Originally I had hoped for around the 24th December, but hit a small hurdle as the AI hadn't been done. It it okay but as with any AI isn't brilliant due to the extended build times and higher resource costs. I've got at least a day of testing as much as I can and checking all the ODF files for any final errors. At this point, though I have not had anything that crashes the game.
Now for the details:
- Compressed download is aprox. 125mb
- Installed is aprox 330mb
- Single Player was planned but unfortunately out of all the Federation SP maps I've tested only 2 were playable. Even so I've still enabled the player to try ANY of the maps without the need to play through them in order.
- Over the past few weeks I've been busy with the addition of map only units and additional maps. I've chosen 1 from the community which I particular like the look of and the other 4 are of my own design, to include the new maps units.
- Species 8472 is, as most are aware, completely disabled, and won't be re-enabled by me in any update.
- Speaking of updates, there is one planned. This will have something which I've not managed to sort out in time for the release date. I am, however, releasing a low res map pack (not sure of the file size yet though, but could be around 20mb).
Be warned that the mod HAS NOT BEEN TESTED ON LINE so don't ask whether it plays okay. I would expect there to be lag unless it was one hell of a fast connection.
Anyway, the actual release date is going to be........(drum roll)......