The Sound Mod replaces all War Thunder Ground Vehicles sounds that are perhaps lacking with something more Immersive

Forum Thread
Support for sound Mod in WarThunder 1.65.1.53 (Games : War Thunder : Mods : B0ris's Sound Mod : Forum : Bugs and issues : Support for sound Mod in WarThunder 1.65.1.53) Locked
Thread Options
Dec 24 2016 Anchor

Hi, I'm Nikolay, CTO at Gaijin.

I would like to announce that yesterday we implemented support for your sound mod and released today with version 1.65.1.53.

Now user should not overwrite files in sound/ folder (which then prohibits usage of Launcher because it validates and restores original sound files) but store mod files to sound/mod/. Then user should change config.blk to explicitly enable MOD support with such string:
enable_mod:b=yes
in sound block, so it looks like:
sound{
speakerMode:t="auto"
fmod_sound_enable:b=yes
}

I would like you to check wether this way works right with your recent sound MOD (I checked, logs are right, sound changed, but confirmation is up to you) and then change installation/usage instructions for users to use this new way.

With this change users are not restricted in using launcher (furthermore, launcher should be used always to maintain game files in consistent state) while using your MOD.

However, new major patches may contain changed sounds listss that (potentionally) may broke game when new original sounds are combined with outdated MOD sounds. In this case user should just disable MOD with enable_mod:b=no and wait for your MOD update. In practive, I believe that such incompatibility will never occur. But you should know about it :)

Ready for your questions,
Nikolay Savichev
Gaijin Entertainment Corporation,
Chief technical officer

Dec 24 2016 Anchor

Thank you!! Big thank you for giving us sound mod support!! Nice step forward!

Dec 24 2016 Anchor

Very Nice! Good so see some support for the sound mod!

Dec 24 2016 Anchor

Live.warthunder.com Please add support for this, It's awesome sound mod. It worked before, now it's not working.

Dec 24 2016 Anchor

Whenever i try to save 'config.blk' after the change, i can't just save it but when i press 'save' it automatically goes to save as. and when i save it in the war thunder folder it says 'you don't have acces to save files in this location' or 'acces denied' i already tried running as an admin but the option isn't there and right clicking the thing and going to compatibility -> run as an administrator. Someone help me with this?

Dec 24 2016 Anchor

WORKING! GAIJIN YOU ARE AWESOME! FINNALY A GAME WHAT IS SUPPORTING MODDING! :D :D But music and voice mod (hungarian voice) not working.

Edited by: szolnok999

Dec 24 2016 Anchor

Thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thank xzillions of thankses!

Dec 24 2016 Anchor

Thank you so much for supporting this awesome sound mod!

Love the hard work and dedication that has gone into this sound mod and the developers at War thunder for such great content.

You guys rock!

Dec 24 2016 Anchor

:OOO Made a account here to express my happiness that the sound mod is supported!

Dec 25 2016 Anchor

Ok, it seems code requires some more support. It definitely read *.fev files from sound/mod/ folder, but then sound banks are referenced by non-altered path.

Will fix ASAP.

And this technique is supposed to be used for ANY sound mod - just drop altered files to sound/mod/ and they will be loaded instead of corresponding files in sound/

Dec 25 2016 Anchor

As I said before, for me it doesn't work with crew voices files. Nothing changes when I put them in mod folder. Help :(

Dec 25 2016 Anchor

For now, just copy .FEV files

sound/mod/dialogs_english.fev
sound/mod/dialogs_wopl_english.fev
sound/mod/dialogs_wt_tanks_english.fev

from sound/ and this will do modding. The fact is, sound systems loads sound banks (.FSB) from the same folder where .FEV lies.

Didn't check much, but maybe some original file should be copied to sound/mod/ too, e.g. debrfp_*.fsb (accessed from dialogs_english.fev) and speech.fev with speech_*.fsb (to allow altered speech_eng.fsb).

Meanwhile I'm working on more convenient solution.

Dec 25 2016 Anchor

It works, thanks man.

Edited by: Mehu.

Dec 25 2016 Anchor
Zeusbeer wrote:

Whenever i try to save 'config.blk' after the change, i can't just save it but when i press 'save' it automatically goes to save as. and when i save it in the war thunder folder it says 'you don't have acces to save files in this location' or 'acces denied' i already tried running as an admin but the option isn't there and right clicking the thing and going to compatibility -> run as an administrator. Someone help me with this?

I think something wrong happened with game installation. Propably owner of files in game folder (including config.blk) is not current windows user?

You may try to change ownership using standard windows properties, or try to reinstall whole game.
When config.blk is effectively readonly (I doubt that launcher can alter it), whole game behaviour (with launcher itself) is under the question.

Dec 25 2016 Anchor

Thank you Nikolay, everything works

Dec 25 2016 Anchor

Great news!!! Works like a charm.

Dec 25 2016 Anchor

Fantastic, great to see some mod support!

Edited by: TheToeGasher

Dec 25 2016 Anchor

just open aces.exe if u updated the game and didnt mod it yet, Just open Aces.exe, if they message says as usual yes or no with the Error : Attention Youve started the game directly. bla bla bla. if this message showing up than its GREAT! just hold it open. go to ur mod file drag it as the same as useal. if its done just click no as useal and enjoy! (Warning: u need to do this over and over when u quit the game!)

Mehu. wrote:

Live.warthunder.com Please add support for this, It's awesome sound mod. It worked before, now it's not working.

Yes it is! I hope they gonna make their own kind of packs or mods like Coh1 Tiger crew sound mod. That would be awsome. I made this by my own check it out!:

Dec 26 2016 Anchor
g-tiger wrote:

Hi, I'm Nikolay, CTO at Gaijin.

I would like to announce that yesterday we implemented support for your sound mod and released today with version 1.65.1.53.

Now user should not overwrite files in sound/ folder (which then prohibits usage of Launcher because it validates and restores original sound files) but store mod files to sound/mod/. Then user should change config.blk to explicitly enable MOD support with such string:
in sound block, so it looks like:
sound{
speakerMode:t="auto"
fmod_sound_enable:b=yes
}

I would like you to check wether this way works right with your recent sound MOD (I checked, logs are right, sound changed, but confirmation is up to you) and then change installation/usage instructions for users to use this new way.

With this change users are not restricted in using launcher (furthermore, launcher should be used always to maintain game files in consistent state) while using your MOD.

However, new major patches may contain changed sounds listss that (potentionally) may broke game when new original sounds are combined with outdated MOD sounds. In this case user should just disable MOD with enable_mod:b=no and wait for your MOD update. In practive, I believe that such incompatibility will never occur. But you should know about it :)

Ready for your questions,
Nikolay Savichev
Gaijin Entertainment Corporation,
Chief technical officer

Hi g-Tiger. I am the developer of sound modification Funny Tundra, until that tank crew for RU countries, we have our own installer to modify, and I want to add to your sound modification that would during the installation of our sound crew modifications could be put on the equipment and modification.

Dec 26 2016 Anchor
3deshnik wrote: Hi g-Tiger. I am the developer of sound modification Funny Tundra, until that tank crew for RU countries, we have our own installer to modify, and I want to add to your sound modification that would during the installation of our sound crew modifications could be put on the equipment and modification.

Our new solution is suitable for any sound MOD, including I think yours one. Just put altered files to sound/mod/ and it will work. And no collision with launcher's/games's files check.

Current release requires .FEV file to be placed to sound/mod/ (.FSB are loaded from the same folder where .FEV lies), but in nearest patchset I will release suppor for direct FSB mods (i.e., you may alter only sound bank and leave .FEV as is)

Dec 26 2016 Anchor
g-tiger wrote:
3deshnik wrote: Hi g-Tiger. I am the developer of sound modification Funny Tundra, until that tank crew for RU countries, we have our own installer to modify, and I want to add to your sound modification that would during the installation of our sound crew modifications could be put on the equipment and modification.

Our new solution is suitable for any sound MOD, including I think yours one. Just put altered files to sound/mod/ and it will work. And no collision with launcher's/games's files check.

Current release requires .FEV file to be placed to sound/mod/ (.FSB are loaded from the same folder where .FEV lies), but in nearest patchset I will release suppor for direct FSB mods (i.e., you may alter only sound bank and leave .FEV as is)

You did not answer my question. Can we put your mod installer in our sound fashion that the players could put our voice acting crew and optional voice acting on your technique?

Dec 26 2016 Anchor

Well, Nikolay I am very Grateful for your work on allowing Sound mods to continue and for the quick for straight after the 1.65 patch, :) especially during this time of year.

Also you mentioned be able to modify only the .fsb banks?. Does this mean we can for example: change a single engine sound and the game will accept this?. AFAIK Fmod doesn't like it when you compile .FSB from other projects and try to merge them?

o7

B0ris,

Edited by: B0ris_the_blade

Dec 31 2016 Anchor
B0ris_the_blade wrote: Also you mentioned be able to modify only the .fsb banks?. Does this mean we can for example: change a single engine sound and the game will accept this?. AFAIK Fmod doesn't like it when you compile .FSB from other projects and try to merge them?

Yes, FMOD seems to like sync build of FSB and FEV, but tests show that sometimes it accepts altered banks with the same FEV.

By the way, patch 1.65.1.71+ on production already supports partial override. It searches both FEV and FSB first in sound/mod/ regardless of original location of FEV.

So altering single bank is possible. It may be restricted though by some incompatibilities during export (I think FMOD doesn't allow to change codec for sounds in bank, etc.)

Anyway, Happy New Year!!!

It is about 2 hours left here in Moscow before new 2017 year comes!

3deshnik wrote: You did not answer my question. Can we put your mod installer in our sound fashion that the players could put our voice acting crew and optional voice acting on your technique?

Excuse me, but I still don't understand your question, so I can't answer it.

I have no mod installer, I have game (War Thunder) installer that also installs sound/music files related to our game.
All sounds are copyrighted and I don't think you may use them anyhow without written permission of our Gaijin Sound dept.

May be you meant B0ris's Sound Mod? Then you should ask him, not me :)

Jan 1 2017 Anchor
g-tiger wrote:

Yes, FMOD seems to like sync build of FSB and FEV, but tests show that sometimes it accepts altered banks with the same FEV.

By the way, patch 1.65.1.71+ on production already supports partial override. It searches both FEV and FSB first in sound/mod/ regardless of original location of FEV.

So altering single bank is possible. It may be restricted though by some incompatibilities during export (I think FMOD doesn't allow to change codec for sounds in bank, etc.)

Its mainly the Engines sound's that FMOD doesn't like mixing the .fsb and .fev If there was a workaround for that then im sure everybody would be hugely great full for it. I dont really want to have to write out the entire game's sound library just to change the spitfire sound, like i did with tanks.

Anyway, beggars cant be chooser's, thank you and Happy New Year mate, o7

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.