Alchemilla Mod its attempt to recreate original atmosphere of cult game Silent Hill on the Source Engine. It is not rebuild to one of games of series, its own history on its reasons. Above all things a project is developed for fanaticisms original game.
1. Install Steam (if you dont have it) 2. While in Steam choose "Tools" tab and install Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer. (it is very important!) 3. Unpack mod to your steamapps\sourcemods folder. 4. Restart Steam. 5. Play the game!
The main fixes are:
- Lighting changes on 2nd floor to make it more distinguishable to player.
- Comment`s font is now smaller and unique.
- Quit button is no longer asking for saving game.
- Player now can not jump and crouch.
- No more floating cursor near metal table in the basement.
- After completing the demo main menu will appear.
- New textures (instead of some SH2 textures that were used earlier).
- Room numbers now are near doors, in player`s sight.
- Some quest items now highlighted by sprites and phong.
- The door to the left from entrance on 1st floor now can be activated.
- All prop_physics models changed to static state and cant be picked up.
- Some useless models are now less noticable.
- Default FOV is now 80.
- Tile and carpet footstep sounds have been changed completely.
- No more HUD in english version.
- No more yellow HL2 sight while using zoom.
- Case fixes for Linux users.
- Changed icons near quest items. Hand will appear near puzzles with variations and eye will appear near items which can be picked up or viewed.
- Player now will not climb kitchen boxes and it will not block his way.
- Performance and optimisation fixes.
- Many minor changes.
P.S. There are more fixes in this patch but they can spoil the game.