It has been a long time since my last update. Modding the King's Return has been slow process for me lately, mainly due to being busy with other things in life. So I decided to share some of the new features that shall be added to the mod: "in-game politician units". It is a feature for all European Civs. It is still in conceptual phase so if anyone has good ideas about this feature please feel free to share & elaborate! The idea is to introduce all European politicians in the game as units. So whenever a European Civ player chooses a specific politician, the politician will be shipped in the game as a special unit with unique abilities & bonuses. This shall add another aspect & fun to the game. Almost all the new "Politician" units have been created with fresh new visuals that reflects their portraits (see below).
(Below image: The Bishop / The Grand Vizier : New Politician Units)
You get this "special" unit once you choose a specific politician to age-up. Each politician will have a small unique bonus(es) that will reflect the nature of the politician (or his shipment). For example the Exiled Prince has large LOS, can receive shipment, build TC and has the ability to go back to home city shipment point. Additionally, to balance out politicians and to add more variety & fun, less used politicians will have better bonuses (like the naturalist).
(Below image: The Tycoon / The Cavalry Marshal: New Politician Units)
The followings outline each politician with initial ideas of bonuses associated with the politician unit. It is still conceptual and not final so feel free to suggest any new ideas about the whole concept of the in-game politicians:
(Below image: All New Politician Units)
General Politicians Attributes:
- Can be garrisoned in TC/Outposts/Forts.
- Regenerate HP.
- Dies (unlike explorers).
- Cost no Population.
- Can collect treasures
A. Colonial Age Politicians
1. The Bishop (2 settlers / settler wagon):
- Repentance Ability: Convert any outlaw guardian. The converted outlaw unit can work (gather resources) like villagers but at lower rates.
- Can heal, like regular priest. Bishops with religious Civ (Portuguese/Spanish) can pray at church.
2. The Governor (outpost, 200 coin):
- Can build outposts & walls (faster than villager).
- Outposts/TCs nearby the Governor have better attack by 10% (large range .
3. The Naturalist (4 cows):
- Can work as herder (collect food from herds faster than villagers).
- Spawn additional sheep/cows each time the player age-up (as long as the naturalist is alive).
4. The Philosopher Prince (500 food):
- Build economical buildings.
- 300 infinite food HC shipment available through this politician
- Can see stealth.
5. The Quartermaster (400 wood):
- Build trading posts (fast like explorer).
- 300 infinite wood HC shipment available through this politician
B. Fortress Age Politicians
1. The Admiral of the Ocean Sea (caravel, 400 wood):
- Increase all ships limit by 2
2. The Adventurer (2 pikes, 5 lbows / 4 pikes, 4 xbows / 17 strelets ):
- Sends a second "explorer" but that dies when get killed.
- Anti-Natives ability: kill any native unit with a single shot attack
- Has the same abilities/attributes of the explorer unit.
3. The Exiled Prince (age fast):
- Government in exile: The Exiled Prince has large LOS, can receive shipments and build TC.
- Flee : the ability to go back to home city shipment point.
- Can see stealth.
4. The Gentleman Pirate (2 corsairs, privateer):
- Enable training pirates from saloon and lower their pop by 2.
- Increase hp/attack of nearby pirates.
5. The Marksman (6 skirms / 6 cassadors / 4 abus guns):
- Slighty better attack/hp than regular skirmisher.
- Sniper shot: kill any single unit in one shot.
6. The Mohawk Statesman (3 mantlets, 2 scouts**):
- ** : Instead of 2 scouts you get 2 tomahawk warriors.
- Can train mantlets & tomahawk warriors.
- Increase attack/hp of nearby minor native units.
- Research Upgrade Techs for mantlets & tomahawk warriors for free through The Mohawk Statesman.
7. The Scout (4 hussars / 5 cossacks):
- Has stealth ability.
- Medium-to-low attack/hp.
- The Scout's speed get increased as the player ages.
8. Seargent at arms (5 halberds / 3 dopplers / 8 pikes):
- Pikeman-type unit.
- Summon Volunteers Ability: summon 2 temporary pikemen.
- Spike Attack: kill any single cavalry in 1 pike attack.
C. Industrial Age Politicians
1. The Cavalry Marshal (9 ruyters / 3 cuirassiers / 6 uhlans / 5 hussars / 6 cossacks / 5 lancers):
- Powerful unit
- Train Cavalry Units.
- Increase nearby cavalry ubits speed / hp / attack by 5%-10%.
2. The Engineer (2 falconets / 2 organ guns):
- increase nearby speed of artillery units.
- Construct artillery units.
- Special Ability: train heavy cannon (but still cost resources).
3. The Grand Vizier (3 spahi):
- For each Spahi HC shipment you use, you can get the same shipment through the Grand Vizier
- Convert any single Spahi to "Silahtar Sipahi" an upgraded version of spahi unit.
4. The King's Musketeer (10 musket (13 as Russian) / 8 skirmishers (dutch)):
- You get 5 units of kings' musketeers instead of the regular musketeers.
- Powerful unit with musket and great fencing sword (melee attack)
- Special Ability: swashbuckler
- Can train the same unit (limit 5 units).
5. The Tycoon (1000 coin):
- Auto-generate gold.
- Increase speed of TP's train & stagecoach units.
6. The Viceroy (4 settlers ( 3 grenadiers , 3 uhlans ) / 4 settlers ( 5 ruyters , 3 dragoons)):
- Build TC/ receive shipments.
- Train settlers & infantry units.
- Train any lost politicians.
7. The War Minister (7 oprichniks / 10 rodeleros):
- Train military units.
- increase hp & attack of nearby military units.
D. Imperial Age Politicians
Imperial age politicians will have no in game units.