Werner Spahl is an analytical chemist who never would have thought that fixing a game is sometimes more fun than playing it!
1. Enabling the histories in user.cfg should work.
2. New disciplines can be deselected when installing plus.
3. Any changed Ocean House sounds are pretty much pure bug fixes.
Okay, I just finished the extra mission. Sorry, but what where you thinking? The mod is very hard on normal already, but with a bit sneaking and planning ahead its survivable. Then comes the extra map with a timer! No way anybody could solve that without knowing everything ahead. When I came to the jumping crates room with 5 minutes left I said, screw it, and used noclip and godmode to continue. Even then it wasn't fun anymore! I really hope there isn't a similar map in chapter 2, because except for that map the mod is brilliant!
P.P.S.: I just noticed I can give the Eisenamm reports one after another in the final mission by repeating the same dialogue. Got an extra mission now :)! Also I suspect the one yellow key in the normal inventory is for opening the chests, but I can't remember where I got it and maybe this should look like skeleton keys to make this more clear...
P.P.P.S.: I'm playing the extra mission right now and can report issues right on. At the start when looking at the train it sometimes vanishes! Later on as an example for grey doors that can be opened is a toilet door. Just make the gents sign somewhat whiter and it's clear! In the tunnel with the two MGs left and right are two green doors needing a red skeleton key. Magenta lever at the door beyon the shark tank needing a yellow key...
I don't really remember what was in earlier missions, but in chapter 2 where you disable the robot factory there are definately blue colored switches for doors with a green skeleton key. Also I don't know why you sometimes call them skeleton key, then key and then keycard. Just call them key as they look like a key ;).
And I have another very minor suggestion: Please replace all "press use to skip" with "press use to continue" messages, because both exist and at first I feared that pressing use would cut the whole conversation short!
P.S.: I can't find the virus info in the FAQ but after reading it I have two questions:
1) What is the key that opens the supply chests? I could't open the one in the first mission but every other one without knowing why this was the case?
2) What happens if you bring the infos to Dr. Gutenberg? Maybe you should force players to do so because I collected all of them but never visited him between the missions and after the last one where you are in the base nothing happened as if the earlier infos had been lost.
Same here, but only after a recent update of Microsoft Security Essentials, so this might be a false alarm.
Anyway, I think the mod is really amazing! Congratulations and compliments, showing once again that gameplay and level design is more important than realistic graphics!
I'm still in the middle of chapter 2, but I would like to suggest two things about doors, maybe you can fix them in chapter 3 and for the older chapter doors then too:
1) You state that grey doors can't be opened, but there are too many examples where this isn't true (e.g. alread in the chapter 2 headquarters), so I end up trying each door anyway. Please add coloured handles or something if you want to maintain the idea!
2) Speaking of handles, many colour coded locked pads or doors have a different colour to that of the needed key, which is very confusing when the key message is very small and hard to read in higher resolutions. Please makes it so that the colours match all the time!
Cool! So what is the difference to this mod then? Are you working together?
Of course! Version 9.8 will be released soon :)...
Sadly, I have no idea. You might try getting the email from the last German patch and giving the translator some motivation :)!
Have you tried reloading a save or going back and forth until he stops it? Also if everything fails, press the mouse button to get the subtitles displayed.
Hm, still weird. On my system I see "..." and "1. Hello?" displayed...
The receiver flying back is an unfixable animation issue that has been know for year, but I never heard of the game freezing afterwards which does not happen on my system. Anything special on your setup, like are you using Wine or Python or something else?
I never heard that before. Which line is he repeating? His "Come over here." or the actual dialogue line?
Because I have an exclusive deal with them...
Any chance you will make the next release a standalone game like The Babylon Project or Diaspora?
The GOG release has been updated to the current patch version, if you have an older one you can indeed just install the new patch over, but you must start a new game afterwards! Also the download is on the official homepage, The Patches Scrolls:
You are missing the main point here: Option 2 is only available for Tremere, which is why he assumes you know something about them already. And then he jumps to the conclusion you mean the one in Hollywood which you never told him and thus makes no sense. So I changed Option 2 to: "I'd heard that the Tremere clan knows a lot about them. Can you help me with one in Hollywood?" I could swap the lines too, but both need that information!
1) I can edit lines just fine, but in that case swapping them makes no sense as he clearly refers to the Hollywood Gargoyle in both line's follow-ups, so I added some text to the unique Tremere line to fix that problem instead.
2) I have no idea but I didn't change anything there for a long time.
4) I didn't make that script and always assumed it worked.
8) Another random bug, Bloodlines still has a lot...
1) I think Gargoyle is capitalized as it is a WoD species, but this was handled inconsistently like the theatre/theater issue so I fixed both! I can't swap the lines though because of the follow-up, but I added some info about one being in Hollywood.
2) Heather's dialogue is independent of clan or haven, but you can only feed on her through dialog a specific number of times.
3) It's probably intended then.
4) That reaction was made by Malkav and should include the distance to NPCs and alleys. It might now work always though!
5) You just can't feed on vampires in Bloodlines and the devs talked about that they didn't have time to implement it. From the lore side it makes sense though as vampires see this!
6) The player should remember all major vampiric players from there, but I don't think he makes a reference to any of them...
Actually I don't know what the Blood Shield does and there is no specific info in the game files either...
The Babylon Project is a standalone game that can be downloaded.
Sadly no, as I can't edit the teleporter trigger...
I don't have the Steam version but post in the Steam community claim that it works just fine!
Yes, this is the sword of the sheriff and you can use it in the plus patch as it is an actual usable weapon :)!
Yes of course.
This should have been fixed in the meantime.
This is a screenshot out of the warrens shortcut that enables you to skip most of the long sewer levels.
Another weird room in the Malkavian Maze of Grout's mansion.
Yes, another weird room in the Malkavian Maze of Grout's mansion.
This is another weird room in the recreated Malkavian Maze.
Indeed, this is the restored Malkavian Maze in that mansion which we reconstructed after some beta screenshots and concept art.