Werner Spahl is an analytical chemist who never would have thought that fixing a game is sometimes more fun than playing it!
I have no problem running the retail Bloodlines on Windows 7 64bit. If you have issues installing it, there is a tool for that included with the patch...
Then this is a random bug with no way to fix it for everyone :(.
And a small update to release candidate 1: Patches-scrolls.de
+Corrected walkthrough taxi at the museum and TV in Skyeline haven.
Fixed Andrei's hands and some cutscenes models, thanks to DDLullu.
Corrected problems with tutorial vampire enemies and disciplines.
Fixed LaCroix particles and hid floating Masquerade cutscene NPCs.
This is the most infamouse random Bloodlines bug which comes from long playing sessions. Just save outside, quit the game, then restart and continue...
Just change any occassion of "Trait" "VampHeal_Type" to "Modifier" "Duration 100%".
Just install the basic patch into an empty folder and compate both files.
If you want to play the game now, just use the 10.0 beta 1. Besides from some minor details it should be pretty bug free!
Thanks for the offer, but we already have a Russian translator for the patch and you can find earlier versions in Russian on The Patches Scrolls!
This is not as easy as you think. In game you could try paying for him once if he doesn't do this. I assume you have already sabotaged the change machine outside. If all fails use "noclip" to move inside and kill Chastity...
It is always safe to install, it's like release candidate, not a beta as I have been told.
Good idea, maybe I will do this for the next one...
I never heard about freecasting before and even if I did I can't change the commands the console recognizes. Also the Chastity quest is rather complicated, you need to send all patrons away first. I don't know about a console code to unlock doors.
On the homepage listed to the right, if you want the latest 10.0!
It is always safe to install. There isn't really a difference between beta and final, I just thought it's easier to fix possible last details that way instead of with hotfixes which I used before...
Indeed if you click them some of the plus features will be downgraded so to speak. No more changed disciplines and no more wolf warform model...
On start crashes copy all dlls from bin folder to the main folder. Also check other tips in the Open Technical Issues section of the patch readme and make sure you installed the patch to the correct location...
And your system specs are?
The UP 10.0 will probably be released soon after Easter, but don't expect the game to become completely bug free ever ;).
Thanks for the tip about the turorial, I fixed that for 10.0!
I know nothing about Linux or Fedora but the UP includes a Linux loader script in the Patch_Extras/Player Mods folder which worked for a lot of Linux users already.
Hm, there should be one as the basic version includes bug fixes too.
All discipline data for Thaumturgy is stored in vdata/system/disciplinetgt_004.txt. You can change any duration you want there or replace Blood Theft with Blood Salvo by copying parts of the original file over. As for the sisters bug, if it is fixed by reloading a saven it's a random glitch.
The current patch does the same damage as the original game, I can't remember if some earlier patch did more damage. If so it wasn't intended, Blood Strike is quite powerful as a first level discipline already!
You can get out of the trench between stage and seats on the far right side where there is a gap in the railing.
The phone bug is an old one but for now we can't edit model animations for Bloodlines so there is no way to fix it! Chunk the guard is in the alley to keep an eye out on the side door too. Or so I would assume...
You are right, that could be it! sadly we don't know how to make selecting lines with the mouse work.
The clinic room has been fixed for the next patch update. Also can it be that you play as a Nosferatu? In that case the guard might attack you on sight...
Speaking of your update. The screenshots show that you are already working on integrating the most critical omission of your first version, the two marines that could be blown up ;). I have some other issues with your current version and just want to list them, you are probably aware of these already :):
- The dropping ceiling at the start is missing, but it nicely sets a feeling of urgency so it should be restored.
- Jumping on the moving crate is quite difficult and so is getting from it into the vent. Please make that easier!
- The whole section on top of the containers is missing, but I think I read here that you are already working on this.
- The stationary MG after the above section is missing, but it was so much fun to hew down the marines with it ;).
- Having marines keep dropping into the dome from above is a bad gameplay decision because while fighting them the player can't concentrate on the door being cut open which is a cool moment in the original! Also the marines actually blow a part of the dome there, so please try to restore it and make only two marines enter.
- The dying scientist in the sewers doesn't talk, and I fixed something there in my mod so this might have been an issue of the original already. You should fix this too!
- Nearby the hole to jump over the acid is missing and the two marines getting killed by the barnacles. I know you moved one being pulled up to happen later, but why not keep it there?
- The cool view of the marine being dragged by the zombie is missing when you climb up the ladder from the acid area too.
- While I love the additon of the dead guard stuck in the door, the foreshadowing of the Gargantua seeing it through a gap is missing. Please restore that!
- Again it's unnecessary difficult to enter the fallen down vent and the lighting inside it completely off! Why not make it like the original and have the player move on top?
- I don't know what to think about the ending. Having the scientist being burned against the door is great, but on the other hand when the Gargantua attacks he moves his arms through the walls. I wouldn't know how to merge the original way with having the scientist knock on the door though...
Hm, I really would like to have it inside the main game. Would you allow me to make a patch to do this like I did with the original game? Once your update is out of course and probably for the free BM only as I don't have the other one. In case I could actually pull something like this off for BM with my Bloodlines knowledge ;).