This member has provided no bio about themself...
You said this was dead over 6 months ago and there's been releases since then. Why the heck are you floating around a mod you think is dead for over 6 months?
1. Did you perhaps select the freeform campaign first, then go to custom battles? There's a weird bug with Medieval 2 where if you go to one mode, and then back to another the game crashes.
2. I could never get the battle editor to work, even in Medieval 2.
3. The mod went through a pretty massive overhaul in the last year, lots of units were added and removed and some factions were axed and replaced. A lot of the old Historical Battle missions became incompatible and I've not had time to go through them all and update them yet.
4. I've not had time to update all of the old models for the other incarnations of Princess Zelda. Link not being in custom battles for the Kingdom of Hyrule might be a bug.
The large amount of tree models in the forest areas is probably slowing the frame rate a bit.
I recommend doing a clean install of the mod. The proper order is:
4.0 > Hotfix > 4.1
If you are using the Steam version of Medieval 2, try Procedure#1 at this link to get mods to run: Forums.totalwar.com
What he's asking is reasonable, he might just not be aware that I don't have the number of people working on this mod that a mod like Third Age has.
4.1 doesn't add any new playable factions, it adds two factions to the campaign map that you can assimilate into your empire. Did the campaign selection screen crash on you immediately or after you cycled through factions?
I still get quite a few crash reports from players every day, most of them seem to be related to the campaign and siege battles. Custom Battles are still in the game, and they probably are the most stable part of the game at the moment. Hopefully I'll be able to keep making the game more polished.
This might help: Forums.totalwar.com
Try out procedure #1
You got it right, 4.0, then Hotfix, than 4.1.
Hyrule: Total War takes priority: Moddb.com
1) The freeform campaign is playable. Roughly half the factions are outdated and going through overhauls, so balance is really wacky and out the window though.
2) This seems to vary wildly. Browsing the comments below, you'll see some people happy with the stability of the most recent versions. However I get tons of crash logs and bug reports on the forums every day and complaints about how buggy the game is.
3) Nothing special as in rules off the top of my head. Just that it's constantly a work in progress and there's still years of content to add and polishing left to do.
I'm not sure why you're getting a blank file, that sounds like it might be a problem with moddb. The file should be a .exe
I've not reached a point where I have time to playtest the mod for hundreds of hours to achieve a nice level of balance. I'm one person and I'm struggling just to finish modeling and texturing everything for the game. I don't have a team of people like Third Age, so it will probably be a pretty long time before I reach the level of polish that mod has.
That being said, in the meantime perhaps using a the console command "add_money" might help out with rupee issues until the Stalfos get their faction overhaul? They are still a bit far down the list, Labrynna and the Fairies are next.
The older incarnations of Zelda have been removed at the moment.
Could you post a crash log on the bug forums: Twcenter.net
The crash log can be found in Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\logs
The file itself is called M2TW.system.log.txt
What exactly is preventing you from attacking it? Is the game crashing when you try to siege the grove?
Many of them have become incompatible because of massive faction overhauls. They need to be updated but there are higher priorities.
It means what it says, it's not available in custom battles until I've filled every settlement slot with custom settlements.
On the menu where you choose the map to battle on the last option in the list lets you enable Heroes and/or Mercenary units.
Please try posting a crash log on the bug forums here: Twcenter.net
You can find a crash log in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\logs folder. The file that's needed is called M2TW.system.log.txt
Every faction will have a massive overhaul but I can only do one at a time. Ordona and the Sheikah are next.
They both start on the campaign map. The Storm Zora can be found on an island in the south center area of the map, just east of Ikana. The Gorons of Rolling Ridge are at the bottom right of the map, just next to Labrynna.
I'll look into the problem, not sure how they got messed up since the patch doesn't touch the Gerudo.
This is a patch, you need 4.0 (and preferably the 4.0 hotfix that fixes the tree crash) installed.
It can be done, unfortunately the game is pretty massive in an uncompressed state and Moddb likes to cap file sizes. I'd probably have to split it into 5-7 separate downloads.
Open medieval2.preference.cfg (from M2TW install folder) and change
auto_save = 0
auto_save = 1
I would still try and manually save every now and again. Even with autosave there's the possibility the game will crash immediately after medieval 2 saves on its own. I've also heard that autosave itself sometimes crashes the vanilla game. It's unfortunate that Medieval 2 is such an insanely unstable engine.
I'll see what I can do.
This game is Standalone. Volition released the source code nearly a decade ago and it has since been re-purposed into Freespace Open. There are quite a few standalone mods for it. Beyond the Red Line and The Babylon Project comes to mind.
Here's the trailer on youtube, maybe it will run better for you there: Youtube.com
You might have to do one of these two procedures: Forums.totalwar.com