After struggling almost hopelessly to even get the tracks for the Stalker mod working, it's all done now and I've got my sights on writing about an hour of music for Call of Pripyat; and it's well underway.
The plan is something like this:
- 15 minutes for Zaton daytime (done)
- 5 minutes for Zaton nighttime
- 15 minutes for Jupiter daytime
- 5 minutes for Jupiter nighttime
- 10 minutes for Pripyat daytime
- 5 minutes for Pripyat nighttime
I already know that it's going to be less of a struggle to complete this. I've tested my Zaton music and it works flawlessly. Also, rather than adding new tracks (hence creating the need to modify the music ltx file extensively), the idea is to merge the original music in with my own, like so. This simplifies the process a lot; I encountered a lot of trouble with the original Stalker mod such that I spent as much time getting everything to even work as I did writing music.
Stay tuned for updates (probably).