The Fellowship is an unofficial Lord of the Rings group that brings every LOTR-fan together!
This member has provided no bio about themself...
SORRY ALL I CANT MONITER THIS SIGHT ANYMORE JUST REAL LIFE HAS GOT ME REALLY TIDE UP BUT I CAN CHECK IN HERE AND THERE SO AGAIN ALL SORRY !!!!
A total conversion for the Medieval II Total War - Kingdoms expansion
1. The Middle-earth Map
Play on an extensive historically accurate map of Middle-earth as it was in the Third Age, including 115 settlements taken straight from Middle-earth lore and completed with several fictional locations.
Visit the wonders of Middle-earth, like the Three Towers, the Argonath or Durin's tower and see all the unique locations of Middle-earth like Minas Tirith, the Black Gate or Isengard. Battle in the hills of Rohan, the huge forests of the Mirkwood or the dark ash of Mordor.
2. The Factions
Play with all important factions of the Third Age, including Gondor, Rohan, High and Silvan Elves, Dwarves, Eriador, Dale, Isengard, Mordor, Rhun, Harad and the Orcs of the Misty Mountains. Every faction has its own strengths and weaknesses, benefits and disadvantages on the battle as well as the campaign map. Decide if you want to face your enemy with a small, but trained and heavily armored army or if you count on masses of units to overrun your foes. The unit design is based on visual references of the Lord of the rings movie trilogy, completed with fictional units and artwork, all based on the lore of Middle-earth.
3. The Gameplay
The end of the Third Age is a time where good and evil wage a decisive war for the final domination of Middle-earth. Both ways, freeing the good people of Middle earth as well as bringing the world under the shadow will not be an easy task for the player. A new campaign and battle AI will make the player's life much harder and a unit recruitment based on a cultural level and a regional recruitment requires strategically decisions and will slow down your expansion if not properly planned. The AI will also receive certain bonuses like extra money or additional armies if they get in serious trouble to compensate the lack of human intelligence and the lack of income through missions.
4. The Design
In order to reflect the world of Middle-earth as good as possible, there is an almost complete rework of the 2D and 3D design, including the menu, the interface, the symbols and pictures and much more. To create an even deeper atmosphere, all cultures have a unique set of music and unit sounds and voices were completely changed for many factions. Lastly there is a huge amount of new videos, including the intro, the faction intros and many in-game events.
Download Links### TATW 3.0 (Consists of 2 Parts)
- TATW 3.1 is a stand-alone version and does not require any existing installations of TATW!
- If you have installed a previous version of TATW, it is recommended to delete the old version before installing TATW 3.1.
(Note that TATW doesn't change any registry settings of your system, so you can also delete the old TATW folder (Third_Age) manually.)
- TATW 3.1 requires the 'Medieval 2 - Kingdoms Expansion' and is compatible with the official patch 1.04 and 1.05. One installed campaign of the 'Kingdoms Expansion' is enough.
- Install TATW_3.0_Part1of2.exe, TATW_3.0_Part2of2.exe & TATW_3.1_Patch.exe into the default 'Medievall II Total War' directory.
(Normally this is: 'Programs/SEGA/Medieval II Total War')
If you have installed Medieval II into another folder, please select the folder manually.
- Start the mod with the 'Third Age - Total War' shortcut on your desktop
Additional installation instructions only for Steam users:
1. Install the 3 Parts of the mod as instructed above.
2. Open Steam/Steamapps/Common/Medieval II Total War/mods. There you will find all your installed Kingdoms campaigns as well as the Third_Age_3 modfolder.
3. Edit the name of one of the Kingdoms folders (americas, britannia, crusades, teutonic), preferably your least favorite campaign. The new name doesn't have to be anything specific.
4. Change the name of the Third_Age_3 folder to the former name of the Kingdoms folder you just edited. For example, if you edited the americas folder, the Third_Age_3 folder should be named americas.
5. Select the appropriate campaign from the steam menu. If you renamed the Third_Age_3 folder to americas, select the americas campaign. If you named it crusades, select the crusades campaign and so on.
6. Steam will now launch the mod.
If you have installed 3.0 and renamed your folders before you have installed the 3.1 Patch:
- If you have already renamed the "Third_Age_3" folder of TATW 3.0 to one of your 'Kingdoms' campaigns (for example to "americas") install the patch normally.
- After the installation, move the files of the newly created "Third_Age_3" folder to the renamed folder manually.
(For example cut the content of the "text" folder from the newly created "Third_Age_3" folder and paste it into the "text" folder of your "americas" folder.)
Note: The "models_missile" folder has to be copied to the normal ".../Medieval II Total War/data" folder!
- The "Third_Age" folder can then be deleted.
Alternatively you can use the Kingdoms Launcher App.
Installation instructions for Mac users:
Download the Medieval 2 Total War Wrapper from Paul the Tall Paulthetall.com and install it according to his instructions
-Download TATW 3.0 Pt1 and 2 & Patch 3.1
-Right click your Medieval 2 wrapper icon and show package contents
-Drop the TATW .exe's into c:
-Open Wineskin from within the wrapper
-Advanced -> Set executable to TATW Pt. 1 -> Done -> Exit Wineskin
-Double click Medieval 2 wrapper - the TATW install program will start -> Install TATW
-Repeat for TATW Pt. 2 & Patch 3.1
-Open wineskin and set executable to the Third Age.bat file in the mods folder of Medieval 2 folder in drive c: within the wrapper contents.
-Double Click Medieval 2 Wrapper and enjoy.
Known Bugs & Issues
This is NO Bug:
Latest tweets from @ckamitchis
May 16 2013, 11:32pm
@twcnet Heck Yeah cant wait to pre-order ;)
May 9 2013, 7:48pm
So Fired up About This Bad Boy ;) T.co
May 9 2013, 7:45pm
May 7 2013, 1:42am
May 6 2013, 11:39pm