Hello! I am DylanRocket. I'm a huge fan of restoring cut content in video games, like Biollante in Godzilla Save The Earth and Anguirus in Godzilla: Monster of Monsters! Please check out my Youtube account at youtube.com/user/dylanrocket :D
This is a very simple and short tutorial that, if done correctly, should enable the use of Biollante in the Xbox version of Godzilla Save The Earth. I have tested this method and it does work, albeit with a few graphical bugs with the HUD.
On with the tutorial!
If you meet these requirements, you will be able to enable Biollante. ☺
1. Backup your Godzilla Save The Earth disc - Use DVD2Xbox to backup your disc to your hard drive. You must have at least about 800-900 mb available. All .xbe files but default.xbe can be deleted afterwards. This will give you about 50 mb more. Yes, this step is a requirement as you will be modifying your backup, not your disc copy. Your disc copy will remain untouched.
2. Browse to your GSTE backup directory - Self explanatory, default location is probably E:/Games/Godzilla Save The Earth/bundle/
3. Decide on a kaiju to replace - Yup, this is the bad part I did not tell you about until now. You still have to replace a kaiju but you have more freedom on who to replace than you do with the PS2 version. As the Xbox version does not use a VOL archive, you can replace any kaiju regardless of how many characters are contained within the file name.
4. Replace the file - FTP the file biollante.zip to a location on your PC (Desktop recommended). Extract the .zip file and there should now be a file called biollante.cmf. Rename Biollante.cmf to the file name of the kaiju you wish to replace.** Re-zip the file with Winrar (or whatever file compressor you use) and be sure the .zip file has the same name as the .cmf file. Now FTP the .zip to the Bundle directory in your Godzilla Save The Earth backup directory and overwrite the original file. Alternatively, you can download this file (http://www.mediafire.com/download/smx14c29gr2adca/MGhidorah.zip) and copy it into the "bundle" directory contained within your backup. It will replace Mecha King Ghidorah.
5. Reboot your Xbox - Just in case, make sure it registered all of your changes.
6. Load up the game and play!
Here's what to expect: Youtube.com
Biollante's textures and character model are more detailed than they are in the PS2 version, as expected. The tradeoff, however, is the the messed up HUD icon. As you can see, there is a hideous white block in the corner of the screen. Unfortunately replacing the HUD file didn't work for me, but you're always free to try!
Well that's it for the tutorial! I hope it works for you guys and thanks for all of the support over the last few years! ;D
* What I mean when I say "Don't mess with something you should not mess with", I mean don't try to rename something like Ebirah's files and expect them to work. I've tried it, it'll just reboot the game. Also, do not attempt to use Xbox Live! First of all it's down, so why would you even bother? Second of all, you'll probably have to reinstall your softmod as the Xbox Live option appears to reinstall OFW. Battlefront 2 does this, I learned that the hard way. It's not hard to softmod it again, but if you can prevent wasting your time re-modding it, why not?
** Monster File Names:
UPDATE: So I figured out G:STE was only 750 Megs, surprisingly. Luckily I still had 800 to spare, so now I have both a Biollante Enabled Game and Star Wars Battlefront II with Teancum's Xbox mod. Perfect! Anyway, I figured out that it's best to use FTP as simply renaming the .zip doesn't work. The tutorial is now updated accordingly, and the file manager method is removed as I don't use a file manager so I don't know if you can re-zip/un-zip a file or not. Also nothing is theoretical now, it's all either confirmed working or not confirmed working.
This method is confirmed working! =D
No blogs were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the blog list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Pipeworks is a world-class games-as-a-service studio creating the next generation of live games for console, PC, tablet, and mobile players. Fifteen years...
do you like any star wars battlefront game, do you spend more time playing than you probably should? If you do then this is the group for you.
This is for the godzilla fans come in and post any thing. I have many thing to post.
No groups were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the group list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Start a group and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.