This member has provided no bio about themself...
Big thanks, I was playing game for longer time recently and I've noticed that it indeed is not working as should.
I will update it asap.
I haven't spotted it, interesting find. I will check it next time I will play the game.
I never tested it but you could try to run it with Last Day, it might work. Remember to make first backup of files this addon replaces. And backup of savegame to load previous one just in case.
edit: if you play game with console enabled (no manual autosaves off) then when any npc gets killed console will print information what happend between faction relations. If it won't crash the game and information will be printed then it most likely means everything works just fine.
Changed idea, both AI and player should influence relations.
I changed the script that it now only influence certain faction if there is stalker of that faction nearby. For instance:
-loner kills bandit
-if other bandit is nearby then relation between bandits and loners is worsen
-if merc is friend of bandit and there is merc nearby then relation between mercs and loners is worsen
-if military is enemy of bandit and there is military nearby then relation between military and loners gets better
Original script does change relations even if there are no stalkers of that faction nearby.
Kahvana what do you think about this idea?
I can share the improved script if anybody wants.
Ops, small issue, remove everything between these 2 lines except this: "local relation = (old_1_2_relations + delta)"
Rest does reset relation for bigger values if certain random conditions are met.
Better late than never but I believe it works like this:
1. Your reputation and relation is different for each faction. You don't lose reputation by attacking enemy, only relation. If you kill enemy you don't gain reputation in any friendly faction also. Script changes relation additionally when you or AI kills someone, no reputation is changed. If you or AI from your faction kills Clear Sky then relations between all factions do change like this:
- all enemies of Clear Sky do like your faction more
- all friends of Clear Sky do hate your faction more.
I believe it does depend on current faction relations, not the ones at game start. If you want to be friend with Clear Sky again you have to start killing their enemies.
2. This is thing I am most unsure about, how relation depends on your reputation in game itself. Because this script doesn't edit reputation other than changing minor values in game_relations.ltx. Also I am not sure if traders give you better inventory items based on relation or reputation. These are things I did not check in code.
I am currently editing faction relations to my needs. I find it too easy that whenever I kill enemy then all factions who were at war with killed enemy do like me more. After short time of killing bandits all other factions are friendly. ;)
Instead I've decided to depend on how already it works in game (but disabled) and relations are getting better with enemy only if I help enemy during combat (for example by killing friendly firing at enemy). I use DRX DF script to only change relations if AI are killing each other (which is probably not calculated in game without DF script). This, together with full alife will give hopefuly much better experience.
You mean reputation or relation for certain faction? Relation do reset randomly on purpose if it is > 5000 or < -5000. If you want to change that you can edit: gamedata/scripts/game_relations.script.
Find in that file this line: "-- Calculate new faction relation value, randomly reset if pegged:"
and remove it together with everything below until line "-- Set overall faction relations:"
Hi, any chances for build 3 anytime soon?
If you're taking a break now then it would be awesome to see build 3 before you continue work. Content presented on most recent screenshots is not available in current build. Are there any issues with these models preventing to release them?
Just side note. I've ported this mod to CoM couple months ago but I had no time to test it previously. I've decided to upload it to moddb after my cousin feedback that it works as it should after couple of days playing CoM. I've played it myself but not enough time to spot the difference.
If you are playing CoM you probably spotted that game is much slower than CoC, because of that respawn times are even more annoying. Often after clearing one enemy outpost you are slowly heading to base just to receive a quest to clear the same outpost again. With this addon it should happen no more or at least less times.
I also like to set population for everything to 0.25 in game settings, but this is my personal preference as I like empty Zone, not something that looks like amusement park.
Good luck Stalkers.
Some of the mercenaries models and all of the soldiers and spetsnaz models were not included in the addon yet. Additionally soldier and spetsnaz models were showed up after toska addon release. Check out gallery, last screenshots are new.
If author has not stated that he stopped working and instead he is showing new screenshots from time to time then we have to wait, making this stuff is time consuming.
Best mod ever. Thanks. ;)
Will it work with default .exe of newest game version? I might not be able to replace it with custom .exe, but don't want to explain it now.
I remember modding for newest game version was locked for some time, have CM released something like hotfix in the past to enable modding again? I can't remember.
There was workaround (before custom .exe appeared) to configure AI directly in the mission files, but if I am correct it was limited?
Yes, but I think the issue comes from original Stalker: Cheatcc.com
This could fit more Clear Sky uniform as alternative to this old model:
Hopefuly to see HD models for Clear Sky soon in game too.
That's my favourite screenshot so far. Zone as should look, these character models improve immersion drastically.
Updated missing translations based on crazyiscombine's version:
I've also updated software, it was previously overriding ids, now it only adds missing ones as stated earlier, although I think I will add option for override also because it just worked fine for this kind of job. It is possible to dl software from there: Github.com
Nowadays I plan to make Polish translations for both AO + CoC and AO + CoM.
Roger that. Now there are is at least one tool. ;)
Nice. How was it done, you checked id by id and included missing ones in Misery or used some tool?
The addon you mention is full AO installation + eng translation + additional tweaks according to description. I prepared only eng files for original AO port, this one: Yadi.sk.
If Moddb.com works for you then it's fine and you can stick to it. I find original AO port more stable.
Additionaly the files I've prepared do favour Misery translations over AO. It means that only missing AO translations will be added, Misery ones will stay untouched. I don't know if this has been solved by crazyiscombine because some time ago he wrote this (I believe it's him): Reddit.com
According to this post the translation files in addon you link might be incomplete, can't confirm that, maybe peych13 or someone who uses it can say if there is anything missing (like knife descriptions).
Also, the program itself can be used for further merging translations if new version of CoM will ever be released. It will take few minutes instead of hours/days of work.
All in all I did it for myself, but decided to share it anyway for people who have issues with the version you link.
Added link in description to XmlTool I've wrote, if you want to merge some other translation files feel free to use it: Github.com
I've added 2 links for different versions of AO for CoM in description, second (AO_for_CoM_184.108.40.206z) is most up to date according to readme. Translation files will work for both.
The second idea did not work fine:
-it is possible to sleep during healing so wounds will heal during sleep when medkit effect is on (or is it just sleep that is healing wounds too? Haven't checked that)
-much slower healing, makes game harder
-character may say that he is not tired and will not want to sleep
-healing works more like buff, because effect is long and is healing any new wounds
In the end I would be probably cheating and using medkits before fights to have better health regen. I am sticking with similar settings as in the addon, except the prices.
Thanks for sharing the addon, forgot to write that earlier.
Nevermind, I got it. Merging now default one with modded items.ltx to set default prices.
I think I will further weaken the healing, like making medpack healing process take few hours to heal the wounds. This way it would be almost necessary to retreat from fight after getting hit, use the medpack and preferably go to sleep to speed up time so the wounds would heal. Question is if consumable effect will work after going to sleep, will have to try it out.
Hi, any chance for variant of this mod with default item prices? The reason is that many of items can be found in crates and in my opinion it is very easy to earn money just by selling food (also because consumables do not weight much).
I've played mod a little and I really like slower healing and field dressing, for me this was the reason for installing the mod.
In case you would be busy, can I at least ask for default items.ltx? Seems I can't extract it myself.
reporting something I've noticed now: "Search and Rescue" quest worked without problem for me, playing on: CoC 1.4.22 + AO 3.1 v5 + Questlines 1.24 + installed also "W.A.R.F.I.G.H.T.E.R v0.51"
Mission went just like "Hostage Rescue" type missions, except the dialog was "Search for stalker ..." instead of "My friend was kidnapped by bandits, please help ...". I got the objective from Wolf in Cordon, quest lead me again into bandit camp at north-west of the Swamp, I was able to save stalker and get him back to Wolf, no issues.
Hi. First of all, great mod, I love it!
Unfortunately I run twice into same problem regarding hostage/rescue missions: the hostage does not need to be rescued (npc walks, shoots or there are no enemies nearby) and there is no dialog regarding this quest when talking with the hostage. I've seen here on moddb forum that same problem has been reported at least one more time.
Here is what I did:
1. CoC 1.4.22 with no mods installed - mission worked fine when I first played the game. Did the mission only once. Started game as Clear Sky, took the quest from Librarian (guy at the "bar", but I am not 100% sure it was him who gave the quest), mission lead me first to bandit camp at north-west of the Swamp, then into Agroprom to finish the quest.
2. CoC 1.4.22 + AO 3.1 v5 - mission crashed when I talked to hostage (tried to reload game many times), can't remember the error message in dialog, but there was no stacktrace in log. Did the mission only once, same as above started new game again as Clear Sky, Librarian gave the quest (again not sure if it was this npc), mission again lead me to bandit camp at north-west of the Swamp. Hostage was animated properly, waiting to be rescued, I also tried to kill him by myself but npc was immortal.
3. CoC 1.4.22 + AO 3.1 v5 + Questlines 1.24 + DynamicFactionRelations 1.8 - as explained in top description, the hostage was free and there was no dialog to continue/finish the quest. Happend to me 2 times with different npc giving me quest. Started new game as Clear Sky again, this time I took the quest from Loners at north-east of the Swamp and the npc who needed to be rescued was at Cordon (I was surprised, because it was way different than original CoC without QUestlines installed). I moved into Cordon, exactly into questmarker which was at north Loners base, but couldn't complete mission. After some time I failed the mission because npc who gave the quest died. During the same gameplay, some time later I met scientist at Swamp who asked me to rescue his scientist friend at Cordon. This time hostage was in the Cordon tunnel killing some mutants, again no dialog to finish or continue the mission. I got save game before picking the last quest, if that would be helpful I can share it.
When installing mods from point 3 I have removed whole gamedata folder and replaced it with backup I made before installing AO 3.1 v5 in point 2 (so I hope the installation was fresh).
It might be possible that something is causing hostage/rescue mission bugs in CoC itself, or maybe it is related to AO?
Reporting what I spotted, would like to help more.
Ok I managed to move further, after 3rd try game minimized instead of crashed and I could continue playing after maximalizing it.
I have only 1'st Portal from source games, I'm getting some "errors" during the game like some missing objects, but that's not annoying. I have a problem when I'm falling into pit after clearing the tunnel from zombies. Game is loading then crashing without any error and moving me back to desktop. I have installed all of source SDK. Ow and I'm installing mod with Desura.