This job was posted over 30 days ago. This means the position is now most likely filled & no longer available.
Location: Anywhere - Looking for: Level Designers
Posted by Moddb.com on Feb 11th, 2014
Hey everybody, Elijah Houck here, co-creator and lead world/level designer for Ethas: Embrace of Destiny (http://www.moddb.com/mods/ethas-embrace-of-destiny) and creator of Alton, IL. We're looking to add one more talented level designer to help us shape our current project, Ethas. The mod spans the entirety of two countries, with a total playable area that is a tad larger than Skyrim. We are an experienced team with most of us having large completed projects under our belt, and as such, we are looking for somebody that knows their stuff!
What you'll be doing:
* Helping shape the world of Ethas, a land made of many diverse environments
* Creating interesting and unique dungeons and various other interiors, including large, living towns
* Crafting narrative through exploration, using the land and the spaces below it to help tell a story
It would be great if...:
* You have experience designing exterior locations for large-world projects
* You have created one or more well-crafted dungeons
* You have plenty of experience in the Creation Kit or other Bethesda editors
* Any other relevant skills (modeling, scripting, etc.) are not required, but would be a huge plus!
We're a very laid back and fairly small (on purpose) team. As anyone on the team can tell you, Justin (who is the other co-creator) and I don't bark out orders - we let the team have freedom to work on what they want. Sure, we occasionally have deadlines if we want to show off a certain part of Ethas by a certain date, but for the most part, it's up to you.
We synchronize all of our material through Dropbox, so if you have an account, that'd be great! If not, we'll help you get one set up and linked to our team folder. We also have an IRC channel, and it is our main means of communication with the team.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include photos, videos, or links to past projects.