Let’s kick off this mad week. We got our first major review in!
PC Gamer (USA) has reviewed the game and rated it 81/100. The review can be read in this month’s edition.
“Verdict: A joyous and addictive action puzzler. It’s packed full of
brilliant spells, animations and an infectious sense of fun.”
And some more:
- mygaming.co.za – 9/10 “The Ball is a fun first person puzzle-adventure game which
stands out for its great design, simple yet enthralling gameplay, and
entirely reasonable price.”
- gamerlimit.com – 8.5/10 “For $20, it’s hard to say no to a game this unique, interesting, and rewarding.”
- gamersnexus.net – 7.7/10 “The next Portal.”
- videogamesand4videos.blogspot.com (Italian) – “Will be remembered as one of the best puzzle game of all time.”
- lorehound.com – “The Ball is a great game, well made and well paced, with carefully designed puzzles and a highly unique concept”
- diygamer.com – “The Ball is something you must experience. It’s effortlessly clever
stuf….As if making your mind up wasn’t already simple enough, the $20
price point is more than reasonable. The Ball is sure to be one of the
underground hits (excuse the pun) of the year”
- examiner.com – 8/10 “The puzzles are fun and engaging and the unique premise of the Ball as both weapon and tool makes the game standout out amongst so many others in the same genres. From a ratings scale of worst to best: Ugh, Mediocre/Okay, Good, Great, & Excellent; this game is Great.”
- offdutygamers.com – 8/10 “…considering the quality and entertainment you get for $20, I’d say take a look at this one.”
- gameshark.com – “Impossible not to have fun when smashing a gigantic metallic sphere into things”
As for the release tomorrow/today. The game will go on sale
Valve-time. So that means probably quite late for the Europeans. Some
time in the evening.