SteroidS is an arcade-style shooter (think Asteroids or Geometry Wars meet Smash TV) where the only thing that matters is your high score. You’re a scientist trying to stop some “crazy thugs” from escaping, using your steroids gun to defeat them with an overdose. However, there’s a catch: the steroids gun makes them faster with every shot, so you have to move fast and shoot them enough times to dispatch them.
SteroidS is now available for $5.99 on GamersGate and Indievania.
Some additions in version 2.0:
• A new power-up, The BSG, is now available. The BSG (Big Steroids Gun) is a faster and more powerful steroids gun that lasts for 30 seconds.
• The enemies' "Steroids boost" has been tweaked, so that different enemies get different boosts of speed when shot.
• Some sound effects have been removed, as many sound effects playing at the same time resulted in a busy-sounding game.
• Three music tracks have been added. Dubstep and electronic music fit the arcade scenario well.
• Introductory messages for the different game modes have been modified, and provide a better explanation of each mode.
• And more...