This is a platformer where you must complete the same levels four times as different characters then defeat who-knows-what in a world adventure of mystery!
Team Rose can now go further than they usually head to and some teams have new access on Mystic Mansion, see in this description below for some changes:
What's changed on the levels and themes:
1. The hallways are open for All modes as it was supposed to be intended in the haunted castle stage
2. Placed objects in different areas to make a specific area mandatory
3. Only a few themes for stages have been recolored (all of them will be edited once an update occurs)
4. Opened up the spiderweb area and closed the shortcut in Mystic Mansion
5. Opened the path to the turtles in Ocean Palace.
6. Opened a path to a room for Team Chaotix and made an unlockable shortcut available.
7. Created a Super Hard loading screen for Sea Gate
8. Changed the desired texture name to n1_1401 for S14_DN.bsp through hex editing
9. Made enhancements to textures
10. Gave some stages a bigger texture.
11. Granted access to the V.I.P room for team rose.
12. Gave full access to all areas in Hang Castle for Team Rose.
13. Changed "K" to "KW" for thunder object to be part of the light family for mystic mansion.
14. Fixed access for Team Rose who is unable to reach the other cannon area from the side where they fell into.
Stay tuned for other updates to this biggest mod. This will be updated frequently just in-case my work on these get ruined.
The Mystic Mansion level in Super Hard mode is finished and with full access to all areas are open as well as some others.
Remember to place these in the dvdroot folder in SONICHEROES including the new Super Hard loading screen for Seagate. For the use of Seagate on Super Hard, you will need a memory editor and select "25-Seagate" after you enter "Super Hard" on 1 player mode. Using team blast while on super hard for the training stage will cause the game to crash, so do not use it.
The level edits may also work on Gamecube and Xbox. You will need to use Gamecube rebuilder to replace the original sxx_px.bin files with these new object placements. The level editing process was done through HxD editor. Once a level editor that will allow addition to new objects for the game, I will add whatever has been closed back onto the level to re-open the desired area and change the start positions. Good luck.
For the Playstation 2 iso, you will need to use HxD hex editor to edit the original values that are the same as any other systems including PC. Be careful not to change the original size of the iso file, or it will not work.
Credits to ThirteenAG and jackfuste for the widescreen patching. You can use widescreen instead of just pan and scan.
As of this October update, Super Hard mode has an area that is mandatory and it's the special stage modes where they get to collect chaos emeralds and stuff.