In the past week I have been busy in making SSS work on my Android phone.
You can see in the really amatuerish video. Sorry for the lack of fixed focus and bad ratio, I will do better in my next video.
However, I think I will stop working on the android support for now.
I want to work torward an achievable goal in which I will have a playable game people can download and play as an end user.
This is what I want to achieve in the first goal:
- 4 Maps: 1 Small, 2 Medium and 1 Large
- 2 Weapons: Machine gun and rocket launcher.
- 4 play modes: Deathmatch, team Deathmatch, CTF and Tough guy.
The more technical side:
- A meta server to find matchs
- Drop Android support for now
- Attempt to support DX9 GPUs
About the Meta Server. I will either have to pay 60$ per months for a windows meta server, or I will have to find someone who can let me put the meta server on his server. We will see.
Anyway, I think that's a sane goal to try to achieve.
What do you think? Is it lacking or does it sound like it can be fun to play?