Rogue Republic is an innovative RTS project developed by a team of independent enthusiasts aimed to bring you a realistic yet intense C&C Generals-styled game you always dreamed about. Do not like C&C F2P for some reasons? Track Rogue Republic! The game will be released in episodes, with each episode bringing you a new campaign of the overall story arc ranging from Russian-Georgian conflict, hypothetical Turkish-Ukrainian war in the near future, WW3 and its falloutic aftermath.
Welcome to an another transmission from the dark grim world of Rogue Republic. We continue our special broadcast from the nascent civil war in the former republic of Ostslavia...
Posted by Ilves on May 6th, 2014
We continue getting contradictory information reports from the turmoiling region of Eastern Ostslavia. Will everything be over in a few days or is it a start of a real civil war? Our special reporter Anders von Hejdgen despite shooting and artillery barrages tries to find out the truth behind the Eastern Ostslav conflict.
- This is the third day of the Ostslavic government-led counter-terrorist operation. All available artillery is bombarding the positions of anti-government seperatist rebels, T-64 tanks overran stormed the rebels' checkpoints. Ostslavic militarymen report several destroyed BMD-2 vehicles of the rebels.
- What is their current advance?
- Although reporters are not allowed on the very frontline, the commander of the National Guard 15 minutes ago has said that their soldiers control the center of the Slovensk rebel stronghold.
- There have been 3 sequential attempts to storm Slovensk, but apart from today's assault all of them were much fruitless. What is the main reason of the sudden advance?
- If you ask me, I think the main cause is that the army got heavily demoralized and disorganized after the recent revolution, so the regular units were not proved to be especially battle-capable or loyal. So the government has changed tactics and during the standstill they formed several battalions of the new Ostguard. A closely-linked National Assembly which gains more and more governmental power has also sent its military units, which fight with distinction and ferocity
- Is the Eurasian Federation going to intervene in the current crisis
- Whether they will or not, but the National Assembly and Ostguard units will give them a proper meeting.
- How do the locals react on the recent liberation by the Ostguard?
- Well, they welcome the arrived liberators.
In the meantime just several kilometers from there, anti-government rebel commander Strelok was giving his urgent interview, which many believe to be last:
- Sorry if I won't be able to answer all your questions right now, all I have for you is a couple of minutes
- Is is true that the you are losing key positions one after another?
- First of all, let's tune down the hysteric tone. Although I the enemy outnumbers us 1 to 5, they still haven't broken the city perimeter. Despite total superiority in armored vehicles, artillery and aircraft - they hadn't caused us more casualties than we did to them. The locals support us. So our confidence in the situation is pretty high.
- What are the goals of the People's Free Army?
- We have tactical goals and strategic goals. In the closest perspective we are going to free the Eastern Ostslavia from all junta and National Assembly forces. As for the big picture, we got many men from all over Ostslavia - they urge to march to the capital and liberate the capital city.
- Do you count this to be possible?
- Pretty much, only during the last 5 days the junta has lost 4 helicopters. Of course, we will need more support from Russia on this matter. Suddenly. A huge blow has deafened all of us the room. The window exploded and a huge wall of smoke blinded everybody present.
Recent coverage from the battlezone:
Got what it takes? Or team is looking for a skilled concept artist (with skills to use graphic tablet), infanty modeler and character animator. Don't miss your chance to enter the credit lines of the spiritual successor of C&C Generals