Realm Explorer will be a computer game about creation in the fantasy universe of Gnostaria; your creations. In perhaps the most dynamic sandbox world yet to be conceived you will be able to dig the soil and mine ore, precious metals and gems all in a beautiful and dynamic 3D world. The terrain will shape and form to your actions. Drive a shovel into the ground and watch the earth give way. Heave your pickaxe into a cave wall and see the stone disintegrate before you; revealing the treasure beneath. Go on adventures alone or with friends via internet multiplayer and craft weapons, armor, tools and other items. How you play is up to you. The possibilities are limitless.
An overview of the patch notes for our most recent release.
Posted by realmsource on Dec 3rd, 2012
* Fixed an issue where pressing the N key while typing a chat message was toggling floating names on/off. N will toggle names floating above characters but will no longer do so when typing a chat message.
* The lighting is a little brighter (especially during the day time).
* Adjusted the Stone Bricks and Plaster materials.
* Fixed the Direct Connect option for directly connecting to an IP address.
* General improvements to the in-game UI.
* Initial implementation of character Inventory.
* Wearing / removing different armor or clothing pieces change your character's appearance.
* Armor and clothing can only be worn in the appropriate slots.
* Introduction of around 150 new item icons into the game.
* Torches are now available in the game and can be carried by the player. In the near future you will be able to place torches on walls or throw them on the ground.
* Added new Item inspection panel to the Inventory UI. Mousing over an item will provide basic details of the item. This will be expanded more in the future.
* Added new item mounting functionality. Backpacks, belt pouches and weapons/tools held by the player will now visually appear in-game.
* Added new "Action Bar". Usable items can be dragged to the action bar and used by pressing the 1 through 0 keys on the keyboard (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0).
* Pressing the Delete key will clear the slot for the currently selected Action Bar Slot.
* Reduced the music volume in the main menu.
* The patch notification system has been improved. For patches beyond 0.12a (the current patch) the game will now ask you if you would like to upgrade to the latest version when a new patch is available. If you select "yes" it will automatically close the game and run the auto-patcher for you.
* Reduced the font size of chat.
* Added the following chat commands that are accessible to Game Admins and Game Moderators:
* Wearing and removing belt pouches and backpacks will properly adjust the available inventory slots the player has.
* If changing the number of inventory slots a player has results in there being less space available than items the items that no longer fit in the inventory will be dropped. For now dropped items are destroyed (whether from loss of inventory slots or from being dragged out of the inventory window and into the world).
* Added option to enable / disable global chat on the server. Global chat is enabled by default.
* Updated the UI to better indicate that a realm is starting up in the server UI.
* Further improved deleted character backup by supporting unlimited deletes for characters with the same name for the same account.
* Fixed a bug where realm date / time were not being properly persisted to the file system.
* Fixed a bug where the server would reject connections >= to the "Max Clients" setting. It now properly rejects connections > Max Clients. This meant that previously a server with Max Clients of 1 could never have any players.
* Server admins can now dynamically modify the in-game date and time from the server UI. This will immediately update the time on all game clients.
* Server admins can freeze both the time and weather simulation to prevent time from advancing (for example, to have permanent day) and / or to prevent the weather from changing automatically.
* Server admins can now allocate lists of "In-Game Admins" and "In-Game Moderators" that will be able to have special in-game administrative privileges.
* Created new Item Definitions and Character Definitions files. Placing a file named ItemDefinitions.xml and/or CharacterDefinitions.xml in your \Realms\#\ folder will enable that realm to use your custom definitions. This data is dynamically sent to the client without the client having to set up any downloads ahead of time. Please note that because we are still in the early alpha the structure and content of these files will be continuously changing. Setting up custom definition files should only be for experimental purposes for now.