After creating the first two bosses I decided to redesign the map menu, because the old one was to overloaded and confusing. I removed the whole highscore-section and changed it to a tooltip-window, which pops up when you hover over the score value of the boss-section.
The free space is now used for the new animated world map. It's a tall inline-frame with water, islands and space areas and can be controlled with the scrollbar on the right side or the mouse wheel. I hope this is more user-friendly than the old map with one page for each area.
Every mission has 3 difficulty levels: Normal, Hard and Unique - and 3 game modes: Standard, Casual (easier but with penalties, tbd) and Hardcore/Extreme (oneshot gameplay).
The difficulty levels change the whole boss-fight and are successively unlocked. Beating them changes the mission color on the world map and unlocks 1 of 3 progress-medals (currently placeholders). The 4th medal is for the optional extreme mode.
The normal difficulty unlocks the next boss, but doing a higher one rewards new equipment, which will be highlighted by decent symbols on the specific progress-medals.
- Improved performance of 2d/menu objects
- Improved performance and sharpness of the post processing effect
- Improved the sidescrolling effect
- Fixed wrong shadows on smaller resolutions
- Fixed wrong deep values on all water surfaces
- Fixed wrong normal mapping on outdoor surfaces
- Implemented Boss 01-01
- Implemented a new animated world map
- Implemented borderless window mode
- Implemented wind-effect while moving
- Changed Boss 01-02
- Changed the map menu
- Changed the pause menu
- Changed the overall design goals
I try to release a demo (first 3 bosses) with the next update, but currently have Tenosynovitis (Sehnenscheidenentzündung) in my left wrist and therefore can not work or play too much on the computer.