Hello folks! Thanks to the combined efforts of Flagrama and Sooji, we now know what the cause of the problem is for all of those with the follow issues:
- Pokemon don't save.
- Pokemon freeze on recall.
- Pokemon aren't thrown out.
- Healing machine freezes the game.
If you have any of the above problems, then here's a ste- by-step guide written by Sooji to fix them!
"Sooji" wrote: So, for the past two months or so I've been struggling with saving my Pokémon. The good news is that today Flagrama and I finally figured out that the source of the issue was my anti-virus.
The most telling symptom was that the "corrupted" Pokémon files were not encoding correctly and instead were being written as ordinary xml. Flagrama did some research and discovered that it was likely AVG, my anti-virus. If anyone else has this issue, this is how you resolve it.
1) Open AVG
2) Select Options on the top right and go down to Advanced Settings.
3) Go down to Exceptions and select Add Exception at the bottom.
4) Use the drop down to select Folder as the exception type and then click on Browse
5) Use the file dialogue window to select your pokegen folder, add it to the Exceptions list and hit Apply
The Exceptions window should now have the folder listed allowing AVG to ignore encoding under the pokegen directory.
Hope this helps someone!