I've made some minor changes since the last progress update. Also announced is a Mac version of Paranormal!
If you pledge $30 or more on Kickstarter, you gain access to BETA 5 and every beta after it. You also get a free copy of Paranormal when it's released!
This is another minor progress update. I've updated the game's UDK version from April 2011 to May 2012. This process will HOPEFULLY deal with any crashing people have been having from Beta 4. I've also designed a new logo for Paranormal. Also added in is a replacement voice actor instead of the previous one. HUD elements have been tweaked and updated as well.
A Mac OSX version of Paranormal will also be available at launch! Keep funding the Kickstarter to ensure the Mac version gets updates as often as the PC version!
Changelog So Far:
- Removed jumping.
- Fixed most of the control issues.
- Replaced what was left of the UDK default HUD.
- Added in new menus.
- More story content (backstory).
- Modified most of the hauntings.
- Added Trophy UI popups.
- Made sleeping more interesting (you'll see what I mean).
- Fixed Hell On Earth trophy.
- Added a useless weather system (adds atmosphere, rain can be visible from the kitchen window sometimes).
- Improved the camera shader.
- Finished the attic.
- Added Tiered Haunting system.
- Added UI tips that give more direction (battery is running low, go sleep to recharge it, etc.).
- Finished the storage closet.
- Added strange apparitions.
- Added location names.
- Added dates to be displayed after every night of sleep.
- Added TV scare.
- Added end of the game cinematic.
- Added settings menu.
- Fixed various crashing issues.
- Removed slowness on the stairs.
- Tweaked volume of certain ear-splitting events.
- Revamped the sleeping system, added Static Cam Nights.
- Remade the flashlight (camera torch), changing it from an omnidirectional point light to a spot light. I also dimmed it for immersion factor.
- Added subtle hauntings that will take a keen eye to notice.
- Changed the acoustics of the house a bit.
- HUD tweaked and improved.
- Attic scare improved.
- Updated to newest version of UDK to help stop crashes.
- Tweaked lens flares.
- Added new icon/logo.
- Replaced voice acting.
- Mac support added to final version of the game.
My goal is to release the game by Halloween 2012 (October 31, 2012). If it gets finished before then, I'll have to release it earlier. When the game gets finished depends heavily on your feedback from playing the betas, so please comment on them! Thanks!
We've hit our Kickstarter goal of $800! Let's keep going! Our new goal is $1500! A pledge of at least $20 is considered pre-ordering the game! A pledge of $60 will get you and two friends a copy of the game when it's released! Spread the word!
HELP ME RAISE MONEY FOR PARANORMAL: Kickstarter.com
The Kickstarter project will help fund the game's development, production, PR, and publishing. I intend to release Paranormal on Steam and/or Desura, but I can't do it without your help! Thank you so much!