Oil Rush is a real-time naval strategy game based on group control. It combines the strategic challenge of a classical RTS with the sheer fun of Tower Defence. Fight the naval war between furious armies across the boundless waters of the post-apocalyptic world. Pump the ever-so-precious black gold by oil rigs, capture platforms and destroy the enemy in the sea and in the air. Be ingenious to unlock super technologies and quick to send your squads straight into the heat of the battle!
The global war for oil begins on January 25, 2012. Show all your strategic talent to keep your platforms defended on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X and join up the Oil Rush battle! Meanwhile 0.91 beta build is available for all pre-order users.
Posted by binstream on Dec 9th, 2011
The global war for oil begins on January 25, 2012. Show all your strategic talent to keep your platforms defended on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X and join up the Oil Rush battle!
Oil Rush will be released digitally on Steam, Desura, Ubuntu Software Сenter and Unigine Online Store. Iceberg Interactive will publish retail version of Oil Rush in UK, Germany, France, Scandinavia, Australia/New Zealand, South Africa and Benelux on February 24th 2012.
Meanwhile 0.91 beta build is available for all pre-order users.
* Reduced GPU load, performance has bumped up
* Added a cinematic camera mode ('X' hotkey by default)
* Added a shake of the camera when close to explosions
* Fixed some AI bugs
* Removed 64-bit builds for Windows
* Fixed occasional crashes
* Added stereo 3D support: Anaglyph, NVIDIA 3D Vision and iZ3D modes
* Reduced damage from bunkers of the 2nd and 3rd levels
* Improved Tutorials 1 and 2
* Added chemical waste drains in the industrial environment
* Added large canyons
* Improved other canyons: added Raiders' buildings
* New marker for the mine field
* Enhanced environment on the Pacific, Circle and Jungle maps
* Added bird flocks on Tutorial 1 map
* New Level up effect
* Added a scrolling mode when the mouse cursor is near the screen edges
* Real paths are now shown on the minimap
* Reworked the status panel (Technology tree / Unit limit / Oil)
* Display of the path for the selected fleet
* New sounds when summoning super-units (Mantaray, Barracuda or Repair barge)
* Added sounds for the Zeppelin
* Updated GUI sounds
* Added a bonus drum'n'bass track "Blood money" into OST
...and tons of changes in the single player campaign
Revealing another single player character, code name "Firefly" (she is a pilot):