What is this you ask?
Well the GOLD dk1 release featured a new executable which supported 3d accelerated graphics through Direct3D 5. And that allowed me to do the following:
- write a DLL which contained system wide hook
- when DK1D3D the DLL takes the control over some very important D3D functionality - it replaces process dll imports with my own ones - then i take over the control<!--emo&:)--> <!--endemo-->.
And what can i do with that?
- force the game to run in higher resolutions
- replace 2D sprites with proper 3D models
- replace old texture atlas with new one (this is what i already did)
and other GFX stuff....
Here are some screens for comparison:
With NBKE texure atlas:
Original wall, see how blurry it is?
And a wall using NBKE atlas:
-Yours truly, IKSLM.
Download - Supplied by Boxnet