Masterspace v1.31 has been released, introducing new materials and objects, as well as an improved production screen. The new production screen supports more than one product per object and includes additional information and a progress bar. New objects include elevators, solar panels and an advanced material maker.
In this version, the world rendering has been updated to support texture arrays. This means that the limit of 16 different materials in the world has been lifted. A lot of new materials have been introduced in this release, including advanced starship materials such as graphene plating and power distribution grids. New terrain materials have also been added, such as ice, snow and lava. To accomodate these new materials, the planet generator has been updated to support different planet types, depending on parameters such as temperature and age.
To upgrade to the full version (for paying customers), please download and run this unlocker (requires login). Please note that the unlocker is version specific and you need to run this after the v1.31 installation, regardless if you have installed another version of the unlocker previously.
Additionally, a lot of bugs and crashes has been fixed and the performance has been improved. Another improvement is that it is possible to move objects around using the "q" key. It is now also possible to enable cubic rendering as an option in the launcher.
Limitations in the free version
- No loading of saved games or scenarios
- Only one planet and no spaceships
- No multiplayer
- New production screen with progress bar and information
- Support for multiple products from each object
- Support for more than 16 materials
- New world and spaceship materials
- New objects, including elevators, solar panels and an advanced material maker
- Different planet environments
- Possible to move objects (press Q to toggle)
- Resources are now picked up automatically when digging if there is room in the inventory
- Fixed black world textures on NVIDIA graphic cards
- Fixed crash when trying to throw materials
- Fixed crash caused by destruction of lights
- Fixed crash in world generation
- Fixed demo notification appearing in the full version
- Fixed texture coordinates
- Improved performance in space
- Upgraded to Ogre 1.8
- Reduced memory usage of planets
- Extended scripting functionality
- Revised scripting of object behaviour
- Cubic rendering may now be enabled in the options