Masterspace update 1.2 has been released. New in this version is support for dynamic entities, which may have scripted behaviours. This allows for AI programming of enemies, etc, and a movable mine cart and a mining droid is included to demonstrate this. It is now also possible to destroy objects using weapons.
Additionally, dynamic lighting and PSSM shadows has been implemented. This allows for dynamic day and night cycles on each planet, depending on the orientation and position in the universe. This also means that it is possible to construct lamp posts to provide lighting in your base at night or use light flares to explore dark places.
Some of the limitations in the free versions have been removed and it is now possible to save games. However, it is still not possible to load games or play scenarios. Saved games from the free version may be loaded in the full version. Also, it is now possible to build all objects in the free version (excluding spaceships).
The full version will no longer be available as a separate download. Instead, the free game installation is upgraded to the full version by running this unlocker (requires login).
Finally, a lot of new script bindings have been added to help with development of mods and scenarios. The multiplayer joining system has also been revised to minimize player confusion. As usual, a lot of bugs has been fixed and other minor features has been implemented. For a full changelog see below:
- Dynamic lighting
- PSSM shadowing
- Lamp post object and flares for lighting
- Players and objects are now damaged by weapons and explosions
- AI scripting for objects implemented
- Mine carts and mining droids that follow you around
- Laser weapons
- Objects are now selected by raycasting instead of closest distance
- Selection screen for loading saved games added
- Lots of more script bindings added
- Easier to play multiplayer
- Modifying spaceships from the planet ground is now possible
- Digging no longer causes objects to be stuck in the air
- Fixed wrong object positions in the planet editor scenario
- Transparent objects are now seen in front of the sky
- Saving (but not loading) is now enabled in the demo. Saved demo files may be loaded in the full version.
- All objects are now available in the demo version.
- Wider field of view