Lemmingball Z is a fighting game for linux and windows, loosely based on dragonball Z, the hit anime' And when say loosely based, i mean with a big twist' Instead off the normal characters from the anime, this game features cute LEMMINGS bashing eachothers skull in! The game is released, and new versions are always in development.
Uub finally released - Melee reboot - (de)Regeneration
Posted by loozzer on Dec 2nd, 2012
Its been a while, and we were not inactive, we just didnt find vounteers to post news :P
With Uub, we introduce a slightly different characterconcept - it was planned as completely different concept, but we got confused and tried a in-between solutuion. Goal was also to catch Uubs in-between state he reached at end of DBZ, not having real moves but more raw energy and the will to form it.
2 - Kiblast
1+2 - Doublearrow
2+U - and here it starts getting different...
each of the 8 directions combined with A2 will shoot a kiblast in that diretion. you can ue your directionkeys to slightly influence the direction of the move.
Due to too many frustrating shots into the air, we decided to keep 2+U in a traditional way as high damage homing attack - but also with a slight control via directionkeys.
It took a long time and lots of curses to realize that the easy ways are always the best... and so its disapointingly little to say about it:
- Blocked melee now interrupts blind keysmashing
- Superhits (direction, counterdirection, 1) can break blocks
- Combos are triggered by superhits at 4x or higher combocount (no more extra keys to memorize)
- Superkicks activte instant transmission to track down fleeing opponents
- Chasing kiballs will help you keep track of your opponent in wild struggle (hold 1 when out of melee range)
- dealing melee damage will regenerate your energy bar
The management of the stats has been slightly changed to increase the gamespeed:
- Energy regenerates faster the more energy you already have - spam your energy away and you will get into trouble
- Charging powerlevel (U+K) now also increases your energy regeneration and regenerates health if the opponent is dead or uncanscious
In next time:
- The rescripting to a clean format takes a lot of time and will go on
- New characters are on the way
- The engine will still be optimized
- A lot of little fixes, changes and improvements at the moves is on our todo list
So long, and thanks for all the frags
Have Phun :D
Loozzer S. Duck