Hitman's back, drawing you closer than ever into his deadly world where staying anonymous, being smart and totally ruthless are the key to a perfect execution. Lucrative contracts on the rich and powerful in high profile locations make killing for money good business.
This game will always have a special place in my collection. Sure it's not the most polished game even during the time it was released. The AI is a bit crappy here and there, but what the game accomplishes outweighs its faults. I've seen dozens if not more different ways to complete any given level. The map design is excellent and open ended, intended for the player to figure on his own how to assassinate his target and get out alive. Granted, the game gets easy once you figure out the best possible manner to beat each level, but the replay value is still there. I highly recommend this game to anyone who likes replay value and being creative. Absolution is complete garbage compared to Blood Money. I would go for an HD version of this game any day. Here's to hoping the next sequel actually gets the damn series right.
- You have to push 10 times at least on your esc button to open up the menu.
- You can save your game during a mission, you can quit the game, you cannot reload your saved game. Interesting.
- People sometimes see you through the walls. A pity for this kind of game.
- Turn a light of an empty room off in front of a guard and he will shoot at you. That makes sense.....
- In most maps, you just have to get the good clothing and then you can do everything.
- In most maps, after doing all the missions, you may be able to go everywhere without getting attacked but still get 4 witnesses in the final statistics. Statistics that you only see after finishing the map of course. These were mute witnesses I guess.
- So, the missions of the terrible criminal 47 are always to kill criminals, never innocents? I guess this game is for death penalty.
If you forget about these points, the game is not that bad.
Needs patience, thinking and timing. Great replay value for a few times. Very bad gun sounds. Nice story. Each mission is unique. Great music. Odd behavior in a few occasions. Awesome weapon tuning. Should encourage the use of other weapons than just a few. Exciting game play.