We've managed to hit our next major milestone for the client. We now have a "Game Selection" screen:
It lets you do the following actions:
- Join Public Game - Will find a public game that needs players (and that you aren't already in). If there is no public game, it will create a new one and put you into it.
- Create Game - This brings up the old "Galaxy Generation" screen, with a new twist. You can now press "Create Game" on that screen to actually create a live game using your generated galaxy!
- Play Game - This brings up a new screen that shows you a very simple texture of the galaxy of the game you selected. This will eventually become the "in-game" screen after a few more iterations.
As always, you can find the latest version of the client here: Galacticusurper.com
From here, I've got the following things I want to concentrate on:
- Updated Login Flow - I want to make it multiple account aware and have a better flow.
- Updated Create Game Wizard - You shouldn't only be able to create the galaxy, but also set the other parameters for a game (including it's name - no more GALAXY )
- Generate the rest of the game state. Right now, the server isn't doing it's part to populate the galaxy with fun stuff to do.
- Interactive Galaxy Map. The meat and potatoes of the entire "in-game" project.