Final Fantasy Tactics is a tactical role-playing game developed and published by Square (now Square Enix) for the Sony PlayStation video game console. It was released in Japan in June 1997 and in the United States in January 1998. The game combines thematic elements of the Final Fantasy video game series with a game engine and battle system unlike those previously seen in the franchise. In contrast to other 32-bit era Final Fantasy titles, Final Fantasy Tactics uses a 3D, isometric, rotatable playing field, with bitmap sprite characters.
War of the Gods version 5.1 This mod aims to change Final Fantasy Tactics into more or less the same thing - except totally random! New "God Units and Monsters" add a new level of random challenge!
Changes to Final Fantasy Tactics
- All abilities cost 0 Job Points are 100% learned by both the player and enemy
- All weapons, shields, head wear, armors, and accessories are now worn by the enemy at half the original values
- Gear is equipped "smartly" by the enemy AI
- New Jobs, the "God Units", powered up versions of their generic cousins (double stats)
- All enemy special jobs have double their regular stats
- Zodiac Beast bosses are now pumped up and deadly
- Monsters are no longer able to join the player's team; they are now "God Monsters" with double their original stats and +3 move and jump
- All jobs for both player and foe are unlocked right at the start of the game
- Math Skill has been reduced in power and many spells have been cut from the arsenal
- Spells for Math Skill are Cure 1 & 2, Regen, Esuna, Fire/Bolt/Ice 1 & 2, Poison, Float, Reflect, Demi 1, Pray Faith, Zombie, and Dispel Magic
- Zodiac summon spell can be learned by "God Summoners"
- Monsters have their secret monster skill ability now in their skill set
- All the battles have been carefully changed so that all enemies are the same level as the player's party, including random encounters
- All enemy generic units such as Squire or Chemist have been replaced in every battle by their "God" counterparts
- Some new "God Units" appear in random battles