You control your destiny in true free-form gameplay with a variety of activities and objectives to complete. Customize the look, functionality, and performance of your ship with the component-based shipyard; explore a seamless universe without required jump gates or trade lanes to limit your movement; master devastating new weapons and technology; join forces with other players in multiplayer to complete more challenging cooperative objectives that offer much better pay; and much, much more.
This update's main improvements include the addition of spy and escort missions in war zones, new civilian and military ranks, improved mod support, and new mouse controls for the messaging system. This update is required for multiplayer compatibility.
Posted by SFSW on May 23rd, 2009
- Spy missions have been added to war zones.
- Escort missions have been added to war zones.
- Date and time are now part of pilot profile stats.
- Audio options are now available in the in-game exit menu.
- New civilian and military ranks, including several new higher ranks.
- Some particle cannon textures changed and updated for appearance and scaling.
- Updates to the modification system for better capital ship and small ship support.
- High radiation nebulae (class 7) can now prevent missile locks, limiting weapons to cannons and beams only while inside.
- You can now terminate a contract link before a waypoint is activated without forcing a failure on other linked players.
- 'Legend' rank removes docking fees, 'Legend' and 'Fleet Admiral' ranks increase crew loyalty faster.
- Contract links are now protected from interruption until the objective is completed or failed.
- Civilian rank insignia now also displayed in the pilot manager and news console.
- Removed hangar collision bypass when the nav or trade console is open.
- Bug fix for station hangars lacking names when fees are paid.
- Bug fix for invalid contracts offered at hidden planets.
- New visual mouse controls for messaging system.
- Support for custom quadrant maps added.
- Hangar fees reduced by 50%.
This update is available at: Starwraith3dgames.home.att.net
The updated server program can be downloaded here: Starwraith.com
The customizing kit is available in preview form at the downloads link above. The kit provides instructions and several sample files to help in customizing and modifying the graphics/textures, sound, music, and text of the game. The online strategy guide should also officially launch sometime in the next few weeks.