A public Beta of Duke Theft Auto was never on the cards but due to lifestyle changes on my half.
(Training for Police of all things)
I have decided to release an early Beta instead of making you guys wait any longer for the final finished version. (hears the gasps of excitement) The beta will be self installing version (zip/rar version will come later) and unlike the Alpha version "WILL NOT" require you to own a copy of Duke Nukem to play it. There are still a few things I would like to polish up on first before I release the Beta
* Adding the final details to the first/beta level. (missions ect)
* Tweaking the players driving code. (still won't be perfect)
* Fixing a couple of the weapons.
There will be some things that will annoy a lot of you that cant be fixed by the time of the Beta release such as:
* Music/radio restarts at the beginning if you exit and re-enter the same car.
* Cars don't spawn any drivers if you steal their car.
* Police cars don't care about your wanted level and pay no attention to you.
(Police officers and Helicopter do though)
* Cars don't respawn as of yet.
* Car traffic sometimes don't stick to their waypoints and might get stuck.
And probably the worst of the lot,
* Cars have no model collision detection.
Plus some other various things that I am forgetting right now at this time of posting.
Expect a Beta release within the next few weeks.
Now for a video and some pictures, enjoy. :)
Donations via PayPal to: