Another Driftmoon alpha is now downloadable! If you haven't preordered yet, this is a great time to support the development of a unique indie roleplaying game! If you haven't gotten your hands on it yet, you can grab our long demo here! And be sure to sign up to be notified when the game is released.
As you approach the peaceful-looking shore of Eione, you can't help but wonder where on this dreaded island... Wait a moment, I was just about to reveal the whole plot! What I mean to say is that the new areas of Eione and its underwater tunnels are now available for your pleasure. You'll also finally meet Bobby, the skeleton from the menu!
Besides the new areas, quests and important plot-twisters, the new version includes more portraits, fixes for graphics glitches, and most importantly, the new mist effect!
A small warning, the new areas haven't been properly balanced for difficulty yet. If you find any group of enemies way too difficult, we're eager to hear your feedback. Just click the little feedback button.
We've already started work on the game's ending, so it won't be too long now before we're ready to release the game! Could be your final chances to get the discount code.
- The script variable list that shows global flags and available variable names now has a filter, making it easier to find what you're looking for.
- Fog can now be enabled through the Map settings in the level editor.
- Joint creation scripts now have the ability to specify a target object instead of just using the caller.
- ControlRotateJoint includes the ability to set the resumeForce.
- Race property baseAttackTime affects how often a bot will try to use its weapon.
- Race property attackTimeRandomization can now make enemy attack times more or less randomized.
- Mod specific options can now be modified and checked using scripts for modFlags.
- Support for non-square textures.
Ps. See if you can spot the new easter egg in the menu screen. It won't be visible until you've played the new version through. And as a bonus, a couple of new screenshots from the previous new area, Nomon docks: