The Old God has left the world and the pretenders are awakening and coming out from hiding. You start the game by designing one of the pretender gods that will compete for true ascension to godhood. The type of god can range from a magically powerful arch mage to an ancient kraken or a mystic monolith that people pray to. Your pretender controls one of over sixty different nations and with the help of that nation he will spread his word and battle the other pretenders. Dominions 3 is a turn based strategy game. You can play single- or multiplayer (1 - 23 players) with simultaneous turns. There are more than 1500 different units, 600 spells and 300 magic items in the game. The game also features a medieval musical score by Erik Ask Uppmark and Anna Rynefors, both awarded the title of Musicians of the Realm by the Swedish Zornmärkeskommiten. Dominions 3 is a highly detailed game and a 300 page pdf manual is included in the download.

Forum Thread
Welcome to the Dominions 3 Forums! (Games : Dominions 3: The Awakening : Forum : General Discussion : Welcome to the Dominions 3 Forums!) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 2
Dec 12 2012 Anchor

Welcome to the new Dominions 3 forums here on Desura!

These forums are now the official forums for Dominions 3 and we welcome all fans of the game to come and join us here. You can use this thread to introduce yourself as well.

A few guidelines:

• Please be polite to others and give constructive feedback. Avoid using derogatory language. Don't bait or troll other users. We want this to be a friendly place.
  • If (or more properly when) you have a disagreement with someone over an issue, let the disagreement be about the issues and not about the people.
  • Vendettas from other boards and communities are not welcome here. Please leave them outside.

Edited by: Edirr

Dec 12 2012 Anchor

I like the new home. And the new price. Picked a good time to get back into Dom 3, it seems.

Dec 12 2012 Anchor

Will there be more community moderators? If so, it would be very helpful to have them introduce themselves. I hope to see this forum's moderation staff be more engaged with the community than the Shrapnel staff generally was, and to be more tempered with their responses as a result. Its great to see this community getting started though!

Dec 12 2012 Anchor

Yes, there will be more community moderators. I'm not going to watch this thing just fall to pieces for lack of attention.

As of this posting, the moderator staff in its entirety consists of yours truly alone and I'll be damned if I'm going to take quite *that* much on all by myself. Just running the multislayer forum alone is going to require at least one full time moderator. Having somebody run the modding forum and possibly the maps forum on a side would also be good.

I'll be taking care of the issues related to bug reporting and generally administering the community, but I am going to need some help doing it. So yes, I will add more moderator staff as soon as I've got the most important things in place and have had some time to discuss suitable candidates with Johan and Kristoffer. Preferably active, well respected members who know their stuff about the things they are asked to watch over.

Dec 12 2012 Anchor

Thanks for all the work you've done setting this forum up Edi(rr). And ten times that thanks for all the work you have yet to do. Much appreciated.

Dec 12 2012 Anchor

Awesome Edi!

For new players I'm Fantomen, independent film producer from Sweden and one of the few female players in this community. I've played this game for 7+ years by now and I'm happy to answer questions about strategy and stuff. See you around.

--

Voice of ***** and her spicy crew!

Maerlande
Maerlande Grumpy Old Fart
Dec 12 2012 Anchor

Wheeeee! New players to defeat!

--

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay / I sleep all night and I work all day / I cut down trees / I skip and jump / I like to press wild flowers

My Videos / My Guides 

Dec 12 2012 Anchor

Thanks Edi!

Nice to see so many familiar names. All under the same roof :)

Dec 12 2012 Anchor

Hi, and welcome all!

Good to see you here. It's been a while =)

/KO

Dec 12 2012 Anchor

Another thanks from me. Good job. Glad to see Dominions on Desura - will be nice to see if there is an influx of new players now (and a continued vibrant community!)

FAJ
FAJ
Dec 12 2012 Anchor

Thanks Edi! New boards look great.

Dec 12 2012 Anchor

Now my avatar isn't quite as unique. :redface:

Anyway, pumped to see the game on here!

Dec 12 2012 Anchor

Good to see DOM3 on Desura as well.

Dec 12 2012 Anchor

Kristoffer.Osterman wrote: It's been a while =)

Well that's because you are too good at hide-and-seek. But we've finally managed to find you after two and half years. But please can you hide somewhere more obvious next time. Like behind the sofa or something.

ps. How is "The map that will never be" coming along? (or did you really think we'd forget about it ;) As that's why we've been trying to find you for so long! :))

Dec 13 2012 Anchor

Lol!
"The map that will never be" has been waiting for a while =) , but things might change. Still not sure when and how.

Dec 13 2012 Anchor

'bout time this migration happened! Thanks for setting this all up Edi(rr), Johan, Kristoffer! Just be sure to put some decent folk as moderators.

Dec 13 2012 Anchor

Fantomen wrote: For new players I'm Fantomen, independent film producer from Sweden and one of the few female players in this community.

speechless. O_o

Dec 13 2012 Anchor

Great to see you all!

I'm on the CoE3 forums a lot, but will definitely hang around here too and, no doubt, play some games.

--

Slackware 14.0
Debian 6.0.6

Maerlande
Dec 14 2012 Anchor

Edi! I've said it already other places but damn fine on you for taking on this job. You have the multi community creds to be the man.

And JK and KO. It is soo cool that you are active here. I have never had a chance to talk to you but you might be aware I'm a lunatic fanatic for Dominions.

--

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay / I sleep all night and I work all day / I cut down trees / I skip and jump / I like to press wild flowers

My Videos / My Guides 

Dec 14 2012 Anchor

Awesome, definitely interested in seeing where Dom3 goes from here!

Dec 15 2012 Anchor

Thanks for taking on the moderator role, Edi - much appreciated! :-)

Dec 15 2012 Anchor

Maerlande wrote: And JK and KO. It is soo cool that you are active here. I have never had a chance to talk to you but you might be aware I'm a lunatic.

There, fixed that for you Maer!

Edited by: Executor.

Dec 17 2012 Anchor

JonBrave wrote: speechless. O_o

No she actually speaks quite often.

I was Sombre, though now I am Sombledon I guess. I am Dominions 3's biggest modder and egotist. I live in Oxford in her majesty's United Kingdom.

I run a little dominions 3 forum called Dom3mods that I hope to merge with this one, though it will remain open for the time being while I work out how to get that done.

I'm glad to be back.

Dec 17 2012 Anchor

I'm about 3mm away from repurchasing DOM3 on Desura, after playing the Shrapnel version (patched, of course) for the last 2 years. It's going to be great to have people able to buy the Best. Game. Ever. for a wonderfully-low price.

Maerlande
Dec 18 2012 Anchor

oldrocker99 wrote: I'm about 3mm away from repurchasing DOM3 on Desura, after playing the Shrapnel version (patched, of course) for the last 2 years. It's going to be great to have people able to buy the Best. Game. Ever. for a wonderfully-low price.

Er, great you want to buy it again but why? The key is mobile. I'm sure Illwinter can use the revenue but I'd hate to see you spend money not required. Put you efforts into selling new copies. We can use any growth of the community.

Executor. wrote:

Maerlande wrote: And JK and KO. It is soo cool that you are active here. I have never had a chance to talk to you but you might be aware I'm a lunatic.

There, fixed that for you Maer!

Thanks E. We might have had a mis-communication. Good on you for keeping reality alive.

--

My Videos / My Guides 

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.