The Old God has left the world and the pretenders are awakening and coming out from hiding. You start the game by designing one of the pretender gods that will compete for true ascension to godhood. The type of god can range from a magically powerful arch mage to an ancient kraken or a mystic monolith that people pray to. Your pretender controls one of over sixty different nations and with the help of that nation he will spread his word and battle the other pretenders. Dominions 3 is a turn based strategy game. You can play single- or multiplayer (1 - 23 players) with simultaneous turns. There are more than 1500 different units, 600 spells and 300 magic items in the game. The game also features a medieval musical score by Erik Ask Uppmark and Anna Rynefors, both awarded the title of Musicians of the Realm by the Swedish Zornmärkeskommiten. Dominions 3 is a highly detailed game and a 300 page pdf manual is included in the download.

Forum Thread
March of Meatballs (52 + 10, wraparound) (Games : Dominions 3: The Awakening : Forum : Maps & Scenarios : March of Meatballs (52 + 10, wraparound)) Locked
Thread Options
Feb 9 2013 Anchor

I figured I'd try drawing map sprites by myself for once instead of copying them from Cradle of Dominions like always. I kinda like the style, though some sprites do need refinement and I haven't drawn enough sprites in total for bigger maps.

Most provinces have their names in (horribly broken) Swedish. The others have custom names too.

Get it from here Koti.kapsi.fi

Edited by: elmokki

Feb 10 2013 Anchor

I like this graphics style. :)

Crisp, clear and no-nonsense, you can instantly recognize what's what. If the slightly more bruised looking green areas are swamp (such as the southwest corner of the small island with three provinces in the southern bay), then that could benefit from greater differentiation from the green of the plains (possibly by making the contrast bigger or adding some weeds or other swamp style graphics to it).

But even without that, it looks good. I particularly like the style of the water. :)

Feb 10 2013 Anchor

Yeah. I had serious trouble making the swamps. They do have some weeds, but they are colored too similiarly to the terrain itself, and on the bigger maps there's nothing. I'll see what I can do the next time I draw a map.

Feb 10 2013 Anchor

What about using a slightly different colored background for plains? When Kaljamaha did Loemendor, he used a yellow color for plains, so green swamps stood out from it. Using a more yellow-green color for plains could work well here, since basically the only thing you would have to do is turn up the yellow shade in the default background. The overall effect would, I think, stay very much the same, while the delineation between swamp and other terrain would be clearer.

Apr 2 2013 Anchor

Bad province connection between #38 and #42

Apr 5 2013 Anchor

Maybe swamps could have some reddish mushrooms or bluish pools or something?

Apr 6 2013 Anchor

They are more distinct in the newer maps. Chances are I can't be arsed to edit that stuff to this one.

May 17 2013 Anchor

Looks like there's a missing connection between #27 and #32
#39 looks like it should also be connected to #41 and #26
#18 and #17 also appear to be missing
#17 to #13, #19, #21, (and maybe #23 and #8? I'm not sure) are missed connections
#22 and #38 missing,

and that's all that I could find

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.