Think you can put a spanner in the works somewhere? Make it interesting enough and win a copy of Battlefield 2!
So there we were in modDB HQ, thinking of something interesting to give you all to do. We've finally completed redecorating the 16 miles of corridor with your wallpapers, and if we see one more design document featuring anime characters then we were going to go insane.
Suddenly, INtense! burst in waving a spanner (or wrench for you foreigners), which he promptly dropped into the box of doughnuts and declared it modern art.
Then it was upon us! A devine flash of inspiration! The spanner was the answer!
Well, maybe it wasn't quite like that. Your challenge, for a copy of the upcoming Battlefield 2 (Entirely courtesy of modDB.com), is to photograph a spanner (or wrench if you insist on calling it that) in the most bizzare place possible. In the fridge, on top of a mountain, sitting on the train, anything really. The modDB Staff will then carefully look over all the entries, and pick the one with the best balance of comedy, strangeness, and general coolness.
Interested? Then continue forth for the rules of engagement!
Ookay, as with all things there are some rules you need to follow. These come in two sets, the rules laid out by the administration, which we can quite happily bend and are generally cheerful; and the rules we have to lay out by law to cover our backs. You have to read and follow both, sorry.
Our Rules (The nice ones)
- Firstly, the aim is to generate an image of a spanner (I've given up on wrench for now) in an unusual position. You can do this using photography (For preference), but we will also accept photoshops if they are of high quality or we just can't tell, as well as renders if they make us laugh.
- YOU yourself MUST be in the image with the spanner in the unique place.
- Submissions will be judged by the modDB Staff, our decision is final.
- Any submission which is inherently dangerous will not even be considered. This includes (but is not limited to) putting spanners across batteries, perched somewhere they could easily fall and hurt someone, throwing spanners, you get the idea.
- Anyone submitting a goatse-esque image will be banned without chance of argument, even if the image was submitted in jest. If you don't know what goatse is, don't ask and for the love of God don't click any link with "goat" in it.
The Legal Bit (Yes, you need to read it)
- The rules laid out by the modification database must be followed in order for your submission to be valid.
- The modification database reserves the right to invalidate any submission for any reason without notifying the parties involved.
- By submitting your work you grant the modification database permission to use the image and your name or online handle in any or all promotional material for an unlimited period of time and via any media. You retain the right to be named as the author of the work.
- You may not use inappropriate language or symbology in your submission. This includes things that look, sound like, stand for, hint at, abbreviate, or insinuate any of the following: profane words/phrases, hate speech (including but not limited to racial, ethnic, or religious slurs), illegal drugs/controlled substances, or illegal activities. This is not a complete list.
- If you do not provide the required information in the event of you winning the contest the modification database reserves the right to award the prize to any other contestant.
- The rules and prizes of this competition may change at any time with or without notice.
[page=How to Enter!]
Ok well obviously you are all itching to enter so I'll get right to it on a few entry conditions.
- This thread is where you can make your entries. Don't worry about people stealing your ideas, it wont happen.
- All Images must be in JPG or GIF format and can be linked from either your own site, or a free image hosting site such as Image Shack.
- DO NOT SPAM THE THREAD! 1 Entry per person, and then you don't need to post again.