Well, it's been awhile since I updated here. Things are going slow, as always, but steady. Not really that much to report though...
What I've been working on is the weapon stuff (still) and also updating some of the 3D models, and such. I've replaced the wall models with proper models, although they look horribly bad in Construct. Have a look up at the images above, there should be one with some wall prototypes.
What's been done since last status update:
- Updated the HUD to include slots for weapons and ammo.
- Finished off the menu framework. I actually spent a whole week working on the "logo" screen, at the start of the game. Why? Because I could.
- I COULD go down the path of including level editors... but this is an open world game, not a mission based one. So I'm not sure if it would be worth it. But there is script in place to allow such a thing.
- Replaced the Wall model with a 3D one, and added a new "wall" type object, the Fort Wall. A much bigger wall for defending the outside of your base.
- New weapon- the SMG.
- New enemy- the simple Stalker, will hunt player slowly and then charge.
So, not much done. But I'm working on this project and another, which probably isn't the most efficient way of doing things, but it keeps developing interesting.
I've got a website here, at www.techbytegames.blogspot.com , where I post a lot more information and updates about both Apocalyptic and my other projects. It might be worth taking a look if you're interested in Apocalyptic. Also... I might just have... a certain *old* upload there that I kinda... refrained from uploading here...
Till next time, where I hope to have a lot more to show.