In a desolate future world ruled by a military dictatorship known as the Alliance, a team of mercenaries become unlikely heroes when they are marked for death... Take on the role of Alpha Squad: Clint, Jin, Lynx and their disposable sidekick Lackey, as they fight their way across the world searching for who put the price on their heads. Game is released on the Xbox Live Indie Games Marketplace! BUY, BUY, BUY! :-).

Forum Thread
Patch 2.0 Additions List (Games : Alpha Squad : Forum : Bugs and Gameplay Issues : Patch 2.0 Additions List) Locked
Thread Options
DragonDivide
DragonDivide Director
Jan 12 2011 Anchor

While we are tracking various issues in their individual topic threads, this post will track the confirmed changes that will be in the first game patch.

Estimated arrival: 1/19 - 1/21 (When passing review)

1. Fixed online issues: Code4 errors from failed client connections, greatly reduce host disconnects due to XNA 3.1 framework bug.

2. Invite system fix.

3. Improve multiplayer spawning zones.

4. Fix Arena host sync.

5. Fix replayable dialogue events.

6. Tweak enemy balance.

7. Increase drop-rate on particular items.

8. Edit some of the level collisions.

9. Controller rumble on low health.

10. Health pack health increase.

11. Armory room "hotkey" by pressing the "back" button.

12. No UI option. A stop-gap measure until smaller UI design option.

13. Auto Save between levels.

14. Exit color choices also affect save image colors (for colorblind).

15. Slowed enemy bullets.

16. Overworld map shows gamertag names.

EDIT: CURRENTLY IN PLAYTEST

Edited by: DragonDivide

Jan 17 2011 Anchor

Just joined to say I agree with everyone's sentiments on this game. It's a great game, but needs work, and it appears that you are willing to make it happen. Every issue I have encountered has already been mentioned and even every suggestion on how to make it play, fair and balanced, has been great. This community seems very intelligent and if you continue to listen to us, I'm sure the game will get better for it. Thanks!

P.S. I hope this delivers. It's such a great game apart from the bugs.

DragonDivide
DragonDivide Director
Jan 18 2011 Anchor

Hi Xlenneyx,

Hopefully our upcoming patch this week will give us a restart so to speak. The amount of problems online was entirely unexpected, but programming the network code for the game has probably been the single most difficult aspect, that is why not many indie games have Xbox Live play. Heck, even many Arcade titles do not have it.

If you enjoy the game, please spread the word. We can't do this again without your help :-).

Jan 18 2011 Anchor

Thanks for the quick reply! I already made one friend of mine pick this up, and I'll be telling more about it as well. I think the online aspect of this game is what made me want to pick it up, so if you can fix that, it would definitely be a huge improvement.

DragonDivide
DragonDivide Director
Jan 19 2011 Anchor

Pretty huge list of additions now. I hope I can get this out past peer review tonight, but you never know with that kind of thing.

The online issues have been verified to be caused by a limitation in the XNA framework itself. We have built a work-around to fix this. We have a patch currently in playtest, but I need other developers to help me verify the fix before I push it into review.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.