In a desolate future world ruled by a military dictatorship known as the Alliance, a team of mercenaries become unlikely heroes when they are marked for death... Take on the role of Alpha Squad: Clint, Jin, Lynx and their disposable sidekick Lackey, as they fight their way across the world searching for who put the price on their heads. Game is released on the Xbox Live Indie Games Marketplace! BUY, BUY, BUY! :-).

Forum Thread
(1/11/11) Code 4 Errors (Games : Alpha Squad : Forum : Bugs and Gameplay Issues : (1/11/11) Code 4 Errors) Locked
Thread Options
DragonDivide
DragonDivide Director
Jan 12 2011 Anchor

If a million monkeys were using type writers they could eventually write the entire works of Shakespeare... or something like that. Likewise, if a million gamers were playing your game, they are going to find bugs that the testers and developers could not find. Thats why we need your help here.

If you come across any Code4 error screens during your gameplay, please let us know and give us a possible route to investigate. Even better, reproduce it consistently. Code4 error messages are serious crashes that we need to address immediately in a hot-fix patch if found.

1. Arena level transition peer crash (Investigating) - During an Arena match, if a peer loses sync with the host during level transitions, a connected player may have a Code4 triggered when unable to load the next stage from the host in a timely manner. This may not be the overall cause.

2. Arena main menu (Investigating) - I dropped into a match and readied my player. The host then (presumably) hits accept and the game goes into an immediate Code4 error.

3. Invite system causing an error (VERIFIED) - This requires an immediate fix. Investigating why the marketplace release causing issues.

Edited by: DragonDivide

Jan 12 2011 Anchor

I came across a code4 error a couple hours ago (I would have posted sooner but, you know, playing the game :p) I was in an arena game, hosted by another player, and if I remember right it happened during a level transition. Only happened once.

Anyways, love the game, woohoo!

GT-Gabrielyo

Jan 13 2011 Anchor

Now that I'm able to play the Campaign mode in its entirety, I've had a couple "Code 4 Error" messages pop up during random gameplay. It tends to happen about an hour or two into playing, and once it happened as soon as I loaded the game and went to the options menu to change my online status to private to keep the "Network Connection Error" from happening.

Thanks again, DragonDivide, for rushing to patch the game. It's amazing so far and WELL worth the $3! :)

DragonDivide
DragonDivide Director
Jan 13 2011 Anchor

Thanks guys,

If I could push out an update faster, I would, but Microsoft has a one week waiting period for indie developers between uploads to Xbox Live.

Jan 21 2011 Anchor

Not sure if it's been reported, but I was getting "Code 4 Error" messages when I was hitting the "A" button while walking on walls that don't progress to another area (I have a tendency to just press A looking for loot on the ground, haha). This happened in the campaign 2-3 times, after that I just stopped doing it, was tired of losing my progress in the level.

Hope it helps, I'm liking the game so far. :)

DragonDivide
DragonDivide Director
Jan 21 2011 Anchor

Hi DiabeticKnight,

What level were you on when you encountered that code4 error? The only thing I can think of is someone attempted to join your game online or there was something wrong with an interactive object.

What you can try is setting your online mode to "private" in the options menu to fix this if it is the first issue.

The patch that is currently in playtesting will also have an auto-save between each level. So that should also address the losing progress concerns if they continue.

Jan 24 2011 Anchor

Sorry about the late reply, I have been out on business.

It happened on the first level, I did not notice anyone trying to join in. I have been playing on private since after those incidents, but I also haven't been spamming the "A" button while on walls. Can't wait for the update. :)

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.